Study Guides for General English (1 Viewer)

zcb666

HSC
Which study guides are available for General English, if any? A small study guide or a thick text book... doesn't matter. Just need to know what is available.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I definitely recommend the Excel study guides for each specific text you are studying (e.g. Excel book for Raw by Scott Monk). Unforunately, these Excel study guides are not available for every text so you should check out if they are available for each of the texts you are studying.
These guides provide information with great analytical depth with detailed notes on each chapter/scene/verse/section of the text. I don't know about you, but I hate textbooks that consist of nothing but excercises or questions that you have spend days and days to answer on your own to get the most out of it. Chances are, you just haven't got that much time on your hands.
These excel books actually provide comprehensive notes about the text including context as well as purpose (and in some cases analysis of some language techniques) that are useful to read and write about. There are no questions you are given to answer other than the essay questions at the end of the book.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)