Study Hours (1 Viewer)

Shelley99

HSC
How many hours of study/homework are you doing per week. I think that our school must be giving us too much homework because I'm doing between 25 and 35 per week and its only our first term!!! This seems really wierd to me because I'm a really prouctive worker and don't fiddle around much. Why do I have to do so many hours just to stay on top of my work?

astro

HSC
our school recommends us to do at least 4 hours of study for each subject per week....

Shelley99

HSC
per subject or per unit
If it's per subject then it's not that much - how do you get all your homework done?

astro

HSC
per subject...well i'll manage if i have no life....

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
i do about 2 hours a week. Probably less if assessments aren't counted.

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
shit you guys seriously do have no life...not Jago not you, your hours of study seems reasonable.
Do you go out JamiL? Guess you don't have a job.

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
harsh...bit of r e s p e c t :p :p :)

And working does stuff up your schoolwork and your MIND..... DO NOT WORK!!! Stop STUDENT LABOUR!! seriously it stuffs up your creative side- i guess it depends what type of work your doing....but monotanous, stressful and depressing work is not good for your mind and well being.

illin

Ill factor
HSC
Jamil seriously do u have alife, i know this may seem harsh but it is not worthwile studying 36 hours a week, im gussing no sport, no friends/parties, no spare time for hobbies?
c'mon its ur last ur of school so make it worthwhile

Oh i have to tell you this
at our school, last year's yr 12 (class of 03), there was a guy who got 100.00 UAI and topped at least 5 units in the state, (not a selective school)
anyway he did not have any real life and he was lost after the HSC, so he kept studying for the HSC afterwards (from what i hear), and he basically had nothing to do, and he broke down, mentally and physically, losing all this weight ...

Any way the point is that there are more important things than the UAI at school
even though it is extremely important, the essentials are more important like having a life!
I do work hard and i do do well at school but u have to balance it all

im like 3, 4, 5 hours a night if i go hardcore and that's all after cricket training and tennis
saturdays i play crick the whole day and there's no work (and no work on friday nights)
and sunday i do work most of the day
so that's roughly 25 hours a night

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
illin said:
Jamil seriously do u have alife, i know this may seem harsh but it is not worthwile studying 36 hours a week, im gussing no sport, no friends/parties, no spare time for hobbies?

at our school, last year's yr 12 (class of 03), there was a guy who got 100.00 UAI and topped at least 5 units in the state, (not a selective school)
anyway he did not have any real life and he was lost after the HSC, so he kept studying for the HSC afterwards (from what i hear), and he basically had nothing to do, and he broke down, mentally and physically, losing all this weight ...

Any way the point is that there are more important things than the UAI at school
even though it is extremely important, the essentials are more important like having a life!

im like 3, 4, 5 hours a night if i go hardcore and that's all after cricket training and tennis
saturdays i play crick the whole day and there's no work (and no work on friday nights)
i have only i comment about illin's post. yep go cricket. it rocks!! :D

i know you all love me thank you *bows in arrogance*

believe2005

wtfbbq
HSC
illin said:

25 hours a night.. dayum! and ur criticising Jamil ?!
:D

me , 12 hours a week sounds about right

Kulazzi

HSC
well, as astro mentioned, our curriculum suggested four for each subject, so IF I was following that pattern then I'd be doing 20 hours per week which I am not currently doing :p

astro

HSC
when i say our school recommends 4 hours, it doesn't necessarily mean i adhere to it....

nemuca

Ultimate Bludger!!
HSC
well, normally i do less than 1 hr per week in total for all subjects
but when assessments come up, i might do 1/2 - 1 hr on each subject
if i'm in the mood of working, i might do 2 hrs+

i know it's not a very good study habit
but somehow it works for me
came 2nd in two subjects in yr 11, and was in the top 20 of the grade ;)
not too bad i guess...

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
A friend of mine is in year 11 this year (moving onto year 12) and she spends so much time studying, it's a worry.

She wakes up at 6am to study and this goes on until 8am, then she goes to school. As soon as she gets home, she has a snack and a shower and at 4pm, she begins studying until 10.

Not sure about weekends, but I know she does lots of school work then too. If I had to do that I'd kill myself.

tennille

HSC
Don't study intensively. All you should do at the moment is go home, and revise the work you did for each subject for 20 minutes each night (if you have 6 periods a day, hence. 6 subjects, then revise your work for each subject fior 20 minutes). Don't overload yourself because you'll tire your brain out and won't get anywhere. You have to have a life as well. When it gets closer to the HSC, begin to study more (but not overloading yourself).

BTW, people recommend students to study for each subject for a short while (every few days), rather than studying it once a week for 2 hrs (for example).

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
i do about 2 hours a school night.. and about 3-4 each week day. but these are subject to change depending on assessments and/or parties etc..

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Hermzie said:
She wakes up at 6am to study and this goes on until 8am, then she goes to school. As soon as she gets home, she has a snack and a shower and at 4pm, she begins studying until 10.
WOAH. How can she be bothered?

I don't actually "study"...I just always do my homework and any assesment tasks we have. I've been pretty busy lately, I've probably done about 14 hours all up in a week. I have a lot more to do, which sucks. But it generally takes longer for me because I'm always taking breaks/watching TV/listening to music at the same time as homework.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Hermzie said:
A friend of mine is in year 11 this year (moving onto year 12) and she spends so much time studying, it's a worry.

Not sure about weekends, but I know she does lots of school work then too. If I had to do that I'd kill myself.
farq man... how could she do that...id prob kill myself 2...
i like my sleep..couldnt b fukd 2 wake up taht early..i hav 2 leave 4 my bus at 7:30 4 skool every mornin everyday neways...
i dont "study" i just do homework and assessment tasks...
if i hav exam the next day id prob. revise a bit the nite b4
i used 2 have a part time job at maccas...but i quit lol
i go to the gym a few times a week now...
people u cant study all the time... u need to go out...have a life...
balance.

bridgett

betty's bitch
HSC
i study about 1-2 hours a night, depending how much ive got ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)