Study in America (1 Viewer)

conman

HSC
I want to finish off my HSC next year, but I want to study University in America. So what I should do????

ace

is retired
HSC
conman said:
I want to finish off my HSC next year, but I want to study University in America. So what I should do????
You need cash.

And you could try applying, however what is probably easier is, join an australian uni, then do an exchange for 6/12months with an american university.

Again, you need cash.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Isn't it also compulsory for you to have sat the SATs? Or is that only for the Ivy League colleges?

HSC
N/A
Lol, this has been dead for long.
No, that is not true - you do not need to have sat the SATs; ACTs can suffice, though SATs are preferred over them.
The ACT, however, is considered much easier than its equally regarded counterpart.

Ivy League colleges don't care what you get in the exam; they only give a damn about your capability to learn, which is to an extent demonstrated by the standardized test that you take, but they truly have quite an emphasis on the extra-curricular stuff, like chess clubs, dance groups, etc.

[/belated]

pinkdancindiva

HSC
SAT's are important. they are not hard either. Are you good at any sports coz there is a whole lot of scholarship money. I have been offered a number of scholarships and they are paying for everything (room/bored, food, tuition, books, flights home and allowence!) for 4 years.

taffyroll

HSC
You need to do the SATs or ACTs, and then apply for the unis. After that you can apply for the financial aid... unless you want to do an exchange... but I dunno how that works.

Does anyone know if American Unis, like Yale and stuff, prefer Acts or Sats? So like.. you have a better chance of getting in if you take or the other? And also if they care a lot about extracurricular activies?

beeish

HSC
Uni Grad
no uni has a preference really between SATs and ACTs in fact most accept both now, but you MUST do the writing section of the ACT or they wont accept it. You should check though because some schools require the SATs and some require the SAT subject tests.
and do they care about extra curricular activies, do they ever! I know someone who got a 2400 (perfect score) on their SATs and still couldn't get into Yale because they didnt have any extra-curriculars.
I've been planning on going to the US since about year 7 so if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

HSC
theres SAT I and SAT II

to get into MIT, stanford, berkeley and most of the ivy leagues they prefer SAT II for maths and science.

also... you gotta do all 3 sciences and between 2-4 years of foreign language. stanford requires you to do 4 years...... CRAZY

1Eilatan

HSC
Just go to the American consulate in whatever state you're in. Some uni's don't care if you do the SAT's, but the Consulate gives you all the info for it. Even gives you application book to do the SAT's and what to do and stuff.

HSC
Um sorry for my ignorance but what are SATs and ACTs? :eek:

Edit: Ohh SATs are Standard Testing or something. Still clueless about ACTs lol.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)