• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Study Methods & Tips (1 Viewer)

aramik

HSC
I think it is a good idea to have a thread we can all come to for ways to improve our study methods. This coming from someone who almost will never open a book

But personally I belive it's time to start digging in... only a few weeks of school left before final exams...... I need alot of tips how to study hard and alot, and im willing to put long hours of the day into it.

So, how do you study? What do you think are the most effective methods etc..

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
um , try a search before you start a thread like this. if you want tips there about 50 threads already to it, depending also on specific subjects.

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
I look @ the syllabus, check every heading and look for the info (in order).

I read everything fully from the text book or websites.

Then I highlight or underline the most important parts. Then I summarise and write them up by hand on a separate paper.

Then I keep reading lol. I know, my method is pretty dull and repetitive.

and yeah, my study desk has to be neat and tidy, and I make sure that I kick out my whole family from the rumpus room. They're so distracting, urgh

aramik

HSC
Hmmm yeah I find I can study for longer hours with music through the headphones too but I thought it might not be good for remembering what im writing down :p

Also, princess.. is their anywhere online we can download our sylabus?

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
aramik said:
Hmmm yeah I find I can study for longer hours with music through the headphones too but I thought it might not be good for remembering what im writing down :p

Also, princess.. is their anywhere online we can download our sylabus?
yeah there is. Try http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/ and you'll find it somewhere there. Hasn't your teachers given it to you?

God, i hate these threads and people whinging like -"zomg bruh examz lyk in 2daiiz and i stil havnt studii, farrr i'm lyk totalli screwd." How bloody hard is it to sit at a table and open a book? If you can't even do that, then tough shit - you're just going to fail in life.
Hey that wasn't very nice. I'm sick of it too, but I don't go and attack them. No offence:)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
yeah there is. Try http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/ and you'll find it somewhere there. Hasn't your teachers given it to you?

Hey that wasn't very nice. I'm sick of it too, but I don't go and attack them. No offence:)
heh none taken :) and yes it's very annoying.
And remember - internetz people.

Last edited:

HSC=HELL

HSC
just because i dont open a book that does not mean that i am going to fail in life.. i really can't sit down an study because i have ADD and i refuse to take medicine because i think its wrong to rely on a drug to be "normal".

lala2

Banned
HSC
Depends on your learning style. I only copied these images because they applied to me (from a program that tests your learning style--at uni), but whatever style you have, stick to the syllabus! It's your best friend. 4 types:

- Visual/non-verbal--pictures
- Visual/verbal--words
- Tactile--movement while you learn, e.g. getting up and walking around the room while learning
- Auditory--you listen or recite your notes

I've got visual/non-verbal and visual/verbal.

As for maths, just do plenty of exercises, and not just the basics, but ones that are 'application-based' because the HSC questions will be more contextual.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)