study notes worth the time? (1 Viewer)

the_matrix

HSC
I keep asking myself this question every time I make notes, and my answer is still; idk.

Sometimes my notes are really helpful (my IPT notes always gets me 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place in the whole cohort) and sometimes they're not (e.g. chem and physics)
In general, notes should be SUCCINCT because unless you have eidetic memory, you will not be able to study off 'notes' which consists to detailed paragraph after detailed paragraph.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Depends, IMO I prefer exams because at the end of the day, it's pen to paper and practice exams will help you best to prepare you for that

leehuan

HSC
I'm going to back up what KoA said though.

That's just the thing - I remember 99% of the content in class. When I write things down, I don't remember them because I tend to focus more on the actual writing, then what it is that I'm writing. My studying (apart from quote memorisation for English) is just practice questions, and past exams. The 1% of content I don't remember is typically 1 quick google search away.

I find the little bit of time making notes would save me not worth the hassle and time spent on actually making them.
@Nailgun - It was virtually the same with me. I remembered 99% of MX2, 95% of chemistry and about 85%+ for physics as well.

What I trained during my study was when to apply my knowledge and how to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)