Study over holidays. (1 Viewer)

bob fossil

HSC
I want to teach myself some of the 4 unit course over the time off.
I have finished conics and complex numbers.
What topics should I try to learn over the summer?
Do I learn the topic that we will start with in Term 1 or is there a super hard topic that i should start now with?

Thanks =]

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Super hard topic = harder 3U. If you're game go for it... but it really messes with your head.

I suggest acing integration as it's a topic you can easily teach yourself. Try mechanics if you finish that :)

jet

Banned
HSC
Super hard topic = harder 3U. If you're game go for it... but it really messes with your head.

I suggest acing integration as it's a topic you can easily teach yourself. Try mechanics if you finish that :)
This.

jet

Banned
HSC
Am i going to be able to do harder 3 unit if i only just started the 3 unit course? We just finished 2 unit
You lean it separately from 3u. The teacher isn't just like "So there's this topic called Harder 3 unit, you've already learnt it so I'm not helping you!".

Stuff like inequalities isn't taught explicitly in the 3 unit course. So dw.

EDIT: And don't forget, prelim work can be tested in the HSC. So you've already learnt half of 3unit.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
You lean it separately from 3u. The teacher isn't just like "So there's this topic called Harder 3 unit, you've already learnt it so I'm not helping you!".

Stuff like inequalities isn't taught explicitly in the 3 unit course. So dw.

EDIT: And don't forget, prelim work can be tested in the HSC. So you've already learnt half of 3unit.
In our school the 4U classes learn Harder 3U mixed in with their 3U work. We've already done Inequalities as a separate topic and it was mixed in there, and basically when we go to revise Circle Geometry we're just going to be doing 4U questions. Same for all other Harder 3U work. It's explicitly taught for us in the 3U course. Basically they say that technically we should be able to do harder 3U work so they just give us like 4U circle geometry sheets or whatever when we do the 3U topics covered in Harder 3U.

jet

Banned
HSC
Yeah, but in your school, many of the people doing 3 unit will be doing 4 unit. At our school, we have about 6 people doing 4 unit each year.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hmm, that's a good idea - when revising for the 3 unit exam, just do Harder 3u for 4 unit...

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
im gonna revise conics and complex numbers
and self teach polynomials and graphs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)