study periods (1 Viewer)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
when we had study periods, we could go basically any non out-of-bound area in the school. There are table and chairs in the main quad and of course, there is always the air-conditioned library and senior study beneath it where you can access internets and computers without using an internet liscence. Of course, many people get into trouble for playing games and checking emails (ie 'for non educational purpose' as the librarian called it)

I usually just stayed in the main quad because the air quality was usually better! Besides, we have some really nice shady environment.

of course, there were also some people who just carefully 'escaped' school and went to Maccas and shops.

I miss my 'study periods' :(

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by cro_angel

it would be cool going to that school where u swipe the card.. ud actually get work done lol

They're intent on being the first public comprehensive to get a 100 UAI, I guess they figure thats how they're going to do it!

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by Ms 12
They're intent on being the first public comprehensive to get a 100 UAI, I guess they figure thats how they're going to do it!
which school is this?

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ...
haha, we have it in the library and do watever we want as long as its not too loud...
yeh pretty much
though most of us actually did hw or studied though
it was good cos you could ask your friends stuff, and also teachers if they were free

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by sugaryblue
which school is this?

Hehe I don't want to forfeit my anonymity (only a few ppl know what school Im from!) all I'll say is its relatively new. PM if u wanna know:p
And I can see Cheltenham girls taking it out before we do!

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Our school had this weird timetable recently, where all of our free periods were replaced with study periods that were supervised. We barely ever turned up and it backfired on the teachers. In our frees we do whatever we want.

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul
we had a common room, but it got trashed and we were disallowed from it. disturbing instances involving urine and a cup....:s
we would either drive to maccas for that period [or others :p] or just bum around.
Hahahaha... the good old days

lbft

Geek
HSC
My study periods were supervised, with the roll marked by the teacher. Some were in the library, others were in normal classrooms (in the classroom ones we were packed in like sardines.) Basically we could either read or do work in silence (unless we had the teacher nicknamed by some as the Study Nazi, in which case we spent most of the time pretending to work and making gestures behind his back whilst he screamed at people.)

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
so thats why no one was hanging around in the playground/outside when we came to ur school
that kinda sucks.. ur allowed out at lunchtime they should give u that freedom in ur frees
whats with the class of 04 in ur sig?

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
we have to go to our skool library

harldy ne 1 duz work but if the yr 11 n 12 study area is too noisy the librarians allways tell us off

we are allowed to go home if we have frees after lunch

we arent allowed to wonder around the skool in our studys but evry1 duz ne way haha

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
ow.. well also used to play cards in our studies.. but grew out of it... we allways doing homework so we dont get in trouble.. b4 our classes lol

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Library...or out the front of the school...some venture to wonderful, mystical places that resemble Maccas or backseats.

In the Library study is almost impossible with shithead yr 7s running around like maniacs. So, we sometimes retreat to the internet, check email and watch kickarse films like 'Computer Boy' on ifilm.com...gotta love broadband at school

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Skillo
gotta love broadband at school
Not when you have a teacher monitoring what sites you go to... thank god for pureprivacy.com.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by Xayma
Not when you have a teacher monitoring what sites you go to... thank god for pureprivacy.com.
Or the entire admin block.

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
we can do anything we like, leave, bum, chill watevers. well we are suppose to go into the library to "study" but we all end up talking. our teachers dont really check on us so we can really do watever we like. this year im going to try and make my "study" periods productive but i doubt if it will happen.

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
First school I went to while doing my yr11/yr12 (yep - I got a few study periods - we call them "free periods" here which the teachers objected to - "THERE NOT FREE PERIODS IT'S A TIME TO STUDY" ;) :D) anyway, we could do whatever we felt like - although it was really expected students stayed in the libary or yr12 'common room'.

Second school - most people left - such as if you had p3 & 4 off or just 4 they'd go home for lunch. If you had a p.5 as a study period ppl left at lunch and didn't come back till 6th - if students had 6th off then they'd leave at lunch - go home for the day.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
We can use the library ( cant really muck around on computers as we have to log in with our name and password and teachers monitor what sites w r acesses) librabry of course had lil yr 7's screcching. If its last we can leave. We still have to come if we have a free period 1st coz roll call is the very 1st thing. We can just hang around school if we want. Properly use the common room but no one does it just sits there. They are planning on building an outside classroom ( weird its like got short walls then an open space sort of like a massive gazebo for ppl to use for study periods but ill properly be gone by the time its done2)

Lainee

HSC
Originally posted by Frigid
or.... jig across the road to FOX STUDIOS!!!! haha, my study periods trump yous all!!!
Heheh, first monday of each month we have a 'Fox day' where we just sit under the huge tent and raid the food stores. That's cause we have like... 2 hrs free right in the middle of the day. Smart of them not to give as any frees in the morning or arvo so we were pretty much stuck in school for the whole day anyway. :rolleyes: At least that was until we discovered that if we walked far enough in the opposite direction there's a shopping centre and the food is actually affordable. -AND- it's aircon-ed! -AND- we can go window shopping. :p

The other study periods are usually in a spare classroom or the library (semi-sound-proof rooms in there) or the common room (when there's actually somewhere to sit, but it's kinda hard to concerntrate with ppl making popcorn and sneaking guys in - girl school, we're not suppose to let the guys in :rolleyes: )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)