study plans (1 Viewer)

stargaze

HSC
hello everyone

Just wondering for those currently in yr11.. or have been thru yr11 what study plans are they using..

like.. are u using a study planner, getting tuition, having a study group with school friends.. ? that sort of thing

also wondering the rough amount of hours ppl will spend studying... ? and on homework?

I'm from a non-selective public skool that hasnt performed overly well in the HSC so I'm wondering how it is at other schools..

thanks

Last edited:

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
I'm from a selective school, but I did no study besides homework in yr 11, except in the two weeks before exams when I studied. Came 3rd in 3 of my subjects, so maybe with a little more application I could have done even better. Hope that helps a bit.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I get tuition once a week for maths for one hour. I just finish my homework and do some revision every night which takes me about 2-3 hours.

P

passionfruit

i'm in yr 11 at the momment. i have private tuition for maths once a wk.. i might be getting one for english soon..
I just do my homework and maybe a little bit of revision..! that's about it :)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Well Im not exactly a role model to study off but my study routine consisted of this. 4pm-Bed Computer
7am any homework
rinse and repeat.

You should probably aim for summaries of the work that you do and make sure they are up to date and look at it occasionaly

Giant Lobster

HSC
Kenshin! :) cool av

in yr 11 i just did my hw and in my spare time i taught myself the hsc stuff for everything cept english. it really alleviates the pressure in yr 12 (me now)

stargaze

HSC
hmm
anyone getting those Preliminary Excel books type of thing and doing extra work from there?.. i was thinking of that and some ppl i know have already bought them

had some yr11s talk to us last yr.. the top yr11 person said he was doing like 4-5hrs of work a day + 6-8 hrs on weekends.. thats huge

miss_pie

HSC
god i didn't buy any extra excel books for year 11... just did my homework and studied when i had exams. but this yeah (yr 12) i have quite a collection of extra books that i have attained over the holidays.

stargaze

HSC
hmmm i see..
i plan to start going over subjects and doing the exercises in the textbook once a week for each subject.. ill see

P

passionfruit

i have the excel books for bio and economics.. they're alright! i haven't really used them though!

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
i have like excel book things ( except not excel brans i do questions from them leading up to tests) at the moment i just do any hwork/assigments i get. i planned to read through my notes but u know its not happening so yeah

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
yeah our skool has that 2
i dun have a tutor
i get at least 3hours a nite of hw and mayb 8 on weekends
no time for study

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by passionfruit
i'm in yr 11 at the momment. i have private tuition for maths once a wk.. i might be getting one for english soon..
I just do my homework and maybe a little bit of revision..! that's about it :)
what do you do with an english tutor? coz they cant really be like maths can they and guide u through?

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by stargaze
hmm
anyone getting those Preliminary Excel books type of thing and doing extra work from there?.. i was thinking of that and some ppl i know have already bought them

had some yr11s talk to us last yr.. the top yr11 person said he was doing like 4-5hrs of work a day + 6-8 hrs on weekends.. thats huge
i have some excel books, but i dont wanna use them for "extra work" i just wanna use them to revise current work, but the thing is they have lotsa extra info. in it so its hard

lunatique56

Originally posted by stargaze
hello everyone

Just wondering for those currently in yr11.. or have been thru yr11 what study plans are they using..

like.. are u using a study planner, getting tuition, having a study group with school friends.. ? that sort of thing

also wondering the rough amount of hours ppl will spend studying... ? and on homework?

I'm from a non-selective public skool that hasnt performed overly well in the HSC so I'm wondering how it is at other schools..

thanks
Well so far, all attempts to follow my study scedule I created for myself at the beggining of the year failed. >.<. So there goes the whole study planner thing.

I'm recieving tuition for maths atm and soon for physics. Oh, and my tutoring place goes for around 5 and a half hours..

As for how many hours I'm studying: zilch. lol...I'm currently in my lazy mode atm....and as for hw, i think it's around 4 hours a day. yeps.

Sugar

HSC
I get Maths tutoring 2 hours a week. I'm getting English tutoring very soon though. My Mum makes me go to tutoring because I'm too lazy too do work at home.

I basically do my homework each day, which takes a couple of hours and revise my homework/write notes on the weekend.

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
I don't have any Excel books, but I am doing some background reading for Ancient history (reading part of Herodotus' Histories...)...

Basically I just revise before any exams :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)