Study Study Study (1 Viewer)

B!gMaC

Ok, I'm getting crap marks for english..14 out of 20 and stuff, can some one tell me please, exactly what is the most affective way to study for english??????????

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I guess the most effective way is to ask your teacher what ur doin wrong, and how u can improve ur essays
then go home and practice and practice essays then get feedback from teachers
start now while u still have this last 4 weeks of school :(

B!gMaC

aaww ... thanks you guys, just one problem, i give my essays in and i never get it back, the teacher is just too busy...ehehe....wish me luck then i guess.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
serious?
well, ur at the stage in your high school career where u can DEMAND your essays back from ur teacher...the teacher's top priority should be his/her year 12 class(es) !
good luck btw

Jenn

yeah, she/he should mark and give them straight back to u... otherwise just keep on pushing and asking her... or him sorry...

Alex

Or simply give it to a maths teacher to mark it. Hopefully that will piss he/she off enough for them to do it :p

NickyP

thats not that bad!!

14/20 is not that bad i mean it could be wrose and that is still 70%! i have been told to write as many essays as possible but i sure as hell dont do it. i have written one and memorised it. it is the best you can do :)

manly girl

Minai - the story from 7-11 is "we are busy marking year 12 work" and when you actually get to year 12 you find it still takes just as long to get stuff back.

Fradam

Tall man
HSC
Originally posted by manly girl
Minai - the story from 7-11 is "we are busy marking year 12 work" and when you actually get to year 12 you find it still takes just as long to get stuff back.
Or as I discovered, the new excuse for Yr 12 is "We're busy dealing with the incoming Year Sixes.. they are the future, you know!"

B!gMaC >> talk to your English HT. If your English teacher is the HT, talk to your Deputy. Keep going up and up till someone listens to you!

manly girl

thats a new one!

Or the maths department just gives all the half yearlies to one teacher, who then takes them to Canada with her.

natalie

Well at least u r lucky in the fact that your trial paper didnt "get lost." I can't believe they liost 8 pages of my work. that included a 30% essay (which was my best one mind you) and half of my story argh!!!!

Unbelievable, the chances are one in a million , yet it happens to me :) i can never win!!

ps. they better find my paper. i'm NOT taking an average

sif not 99

yeah well i know someone at my school who had 3 pages of his 4unit maths paper lost and they refused to credit him for them

now that sucks no average no nothing

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
English was the first exam in our trials

English is the last exam we get back (still havent got it yet)

ShirLz

hehehe - yeah they lost our paper for the half-yearlies n then made us do another exam - talk bout torture squared to infinity...and yeah, we're still waitin to get the whole trial paper bak for english

ps. i refuse to hold my breath in the vain hope that it will b bak in one piece :p

B!gMaC

Crack up!!

From reading your posts, I'm too busy sitting here cracking up and forgetting about the whole studying business. It seems like a common trait for every English department to show clear signs of disorganisation, I mean from year 9 until now I have had the same english teacher, and during those years, the teacher has 'misplaced' an endless number of work by me, including a brand new work book, in which many blank pages were still available....bbooo hoo, and I spent ages, wrapping that book too...ehehhee....Anyways, thanks for your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)