Study Style? (1 Viewer)

Azn fairies

i was just how is everyone studying (apply too every subjects), such as what's ur style?
example: is going throguh apstpaper and remebering the answers off past papers a effective technique??

help~ thx

Azn fairies

are u serois..u read BOS forumm...how does that help..u probaly get a fe questions there and here..but that's no study technique.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Reading the textbook to refresh my memory.
Past trial/HSC papers, doing multiple choice and short answer,

Mostly reading my Heinemann IPT textbook. :)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Azn fairies
huy does that apply to IPT only or other sub. like math, english or soemthing?
Well... I do it for all subjects LOL.

I don't make my own notes,
I sit in class, I read the text, and I answer questions (verbally).

I do homework, and I read up on things before an exam, so that's how I work.

Before an exam, I would read the entire textbook(s) and refresh my memory.

If there is one or two things I have difficulty in memorising, I write it down on a post-it and I keep it in my pocket (before the exam, I throw it out, and when I'm in the exam, I think back to what I had written on the post-it, what the words were, any particular details on the post-it, and I write it down/recall it).

:)

Originally posted by ...
read ur text...
highlight important points
go through past papers...
CRAM!
I agree with reading the text, and going through past papers, but I don't agree with highlighting the main points because that will only create a distraction (in my experience). Imagine having every page of the textbook highlighted and being distracted by the fluoro colours.

At our school, our textbooks are on loan, so we can't write in them or highlight them (no pen marks, pencil is okay I suppose for maths texts, as long as we rub them out :rolleyes: )

I haven't been much of a crammer, but if it works for you, then go for it. I don't believe it does however, so cramming is a no-no, especially before an exam block.

Anyway,

"A magician doesn't reveal all his secrets"
:)

rx72c

Do pastpapers and have the text books there to for reference just incase you dont know something, if you know nothign completely it would help to go through the text first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)