• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Study time? Homework time? (1 Viewer)

DARA92

HSC
N/A
I feel quite surprised that in another thread, someone said they study 2 to 4 hours a day apart from homework. I have so much homework that I can't even spare one hour for study.

I go to a selective school and tutoring. I spend most of my time finishing the work they give me. I know a friend who goes to a top private school but no tutoring. He too got no time for studying. Works to 00:30 every night just to finish his homework.

For those who "study" 2-4 hours a day, do you have very little homework to do or do you regard homework time as study?

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Homework is not regarded as study. Do what's best for you; some people here are just downright overloading and I guarantee some of them will burn out soon from excessively studying.

You're human you know.

HSC
Uni Grad
Homework is not regarded as study. Do what's best for you; some people here are just downright overloading and I guarantee some of them will burn out soon from excessively studying.

You're human you know.
hmm if homework is not regarded as study then that means I don't study most of the time - most days I don't even spend an hour, or even 30 min to study =_=

to the OP: IMO i could suggest that you try to remember and understand the content as you do the homework, as well as committing it to long term memory, then therefore you'll reduce the time that you'll actually need to revise xD
Eg. if you understand how to apply formulas and how to answer questions in maths, then you'll save a lot of time from revision, in fact, for me the methods of doing maths are like stuck in my head now, so that I probs would spend very little time revising :p

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I count HW as studying-because alot of the HW we get is revisionary just after we finish part of a topic. I certainly study no where near 4 hours a day! That's 28 hrs a week :0

Gigacube

HSC
I don't count homework as studying even if it is revision. I like to make my own notes instead of using what the teacher has given me for studying.

The amount of hw or studying people are doing here is way too much as Sly said. It's prelim year. It doesn't count. It's only Term 1 and already people are studying over 2 hours. Have fun in HSC.

HSC
I go to the bombest school out (due to isolation in shit-tastic area, and underpaid teachers with a lack of motivational drive to teach us), I've never actually been given homework.

I spend about 3-4 hours on a school night compiling study notes and going over what we've done in class. I did a lot less in prelim though

hscishard

HSC
I'm the complete opposite. I never have homework...though I don't always do it when I do have homework
I spend 2-4hrs studying

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
I never did homework in the hsc at home

was always a mad rush to the library in the morning before class to copy homework lol

funny also.. because i got less homework anyway than when i was in years 7-10. I was lucky enough to have teachers who generally didnt believe in sending much home work

winonaaa

HSC
That is crazy. Makes me feel like I should be studying... and I go to BHHS. I don't get much homework most days, but spend a good proportion of my time wasted on things like this, facebook, and blogging.
F my ATAR.

Last edited:

JenN_Cx

HSC
That is crazy. Makes me feel like I should be studying... and I go to BHHS. I don't get much homework most days, but spend a good proportion of my time wasted on things like this, facebook, and blogging.
F my ATAR.
I agree! I feel really bad after reading about people working so hard to finish their homework, and then study when they have free time. I also go to a really tank selective school yet I waste so much time on social networking argh...
I feel the need to make a timetable and actually stick to it :(

winonaaa

HSC
Totally agree !
):

But, I think the way I'm going, and I know quite a few of my cohort are, Baulko's going downhill soon once our grade hits the scene.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
my tip would be to do your study before homework

either that or just disregard homework if u've found that there's absolutely no time to study.. because let's face it, homework doesnt contribute to your assessment. study does

HSC
I never did homework in the hsc at home

was always a mad rush to the library in the morning before class to copy homework lol

funny also.. because i got less homework anyway than when i was in years 7-10. I was lucky enough to have teachers who generally didnt believe in sending much home work
+835745648534x104434454545

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I barely had any homework delegated to me, so I would make my own work to do which was essentially study. I usually got in 2-5 hours of work at home (since it was all mixed in).

If you're revising something, it's study!

NewiJapper

HSC
I usually did my homework each night (unless it was completely usless :p) for about 2-3 hours and then I'd spend an hour or so compiling summaries for a subject or two. TRUST ME. Good summaries are the things thare are going to SAVE you when it gets to the HSC time. Once you finish in term three, teachers won't give you homework to prepare for the exams so you need to have summaries that you can refer to and rewrite and there so you can get the right information when doing past exam papers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)