Study time! (1 Viewer)

HSC
The amount of work I do generally depends on what day it is. For example:

Monday: 1-2 hours
Tuesday: 3 hours
Wednesday: no more than 1 hour
Thursday: No more than 45 minutes (pretty sad, but I work Thursday nights)
Friday: 1 hour
Saturday: 1-1.5 hours (I work all day on a Saturday. Damn Woolworths)
Sunday: 2-3 hours (Catching up on everything that wasn't done on Thursday, Friday or Saturday.)

So, we can see, my part-time job is seriously cutting into my study time. Maybe its time to cut back???

Kujah

HSC
N/A
babikakez said:
Maybe its time to cut back???
Maybe, but if you could balance everything, and you're doing fine in school, there's no need to change anything. But if it is, you could ask to change shifts, or as a last resort, quit your job.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
bloodyfriday89 said:
I can't see myself studying for more than 15 minutes per day. sorry I'm not asian enough :wave:

tips?
Better than me. I can't find the time to study. Once I do my HW, I watch TV, then go to sleep. I'm still going to use cramming :p

cs01001

HSC
I find myself spending too long doing Maths, lol

Heliotrope

HSC
Better than me. I can't find the time to study. Once I do my HW, I watch TV, then go to sleep. I'm still going to use cramming
Yeah... I think bloodyfriday means doing homework as well as studying. Though I'd say that studying subsumes doing homework. I mean, I'm not going to spend two hours doing my homework for the night, then spend another two hours doing revision to meet my two-hour study quota. That'd be four hours of study.

I'm in the same boat. :( Couldn't do more than 30 minutes of continuous study to save my life. I'm not asian enough and I AM asian.

Last edited:

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
LottoX said:
But after you get proficient at it, it's a total breeze. Like when you start learning the results off by heart subconsciously, you realise it's pretty easy. It gets better than other homework after a while.

The main thing with maths is actually starting. That's a total bitch because everything is so slow and difficult, it saps your will to continue.
qft. stupid stupid quadratic functions >_>

HSC
Kujah said:
Maybe, but if you could balance everything, and you're doing fine in school, there's no need to change anything. But if it is, you could ask to change shifts, or as a last resort, quit your job.
I'm sure I'll be fine, I seem to be managing everything fine at the moment, it was just a little scary realising how much time work takes up. My dept manager is pretty good, everyone in Year 11 and 12 gets so much consideration with their rosters, as soon as we wanna cut back its ok. They're hiring new staff so hopefully that'll share the workload around.
But as I said, I'm doing just fine, except for my Literature essay today but thats a WHOLE other story.

~aussiegirl!~

08 sac baby!
HSC
life has become so much easier since i joined this site, i printed off the notes on here for some of my subjects and i use them to study!

I do about 2 hours of homework, that was yesterday and that was legal and maths revision for a test i had today! I got on the net to research a bit further into detail for the legal questions i had!

I generally study on the weekends because i get bored after i have no other homework! So weekends are catching up on study time which is about 2hrs! And that can be about one subject. I try and highlight and summarise points from notes off this website! I will have to start my huge business studies (Business Plan) assignment which is huge like a booklet and then the actual business plan that is due all through the year till the last one due at the end of august! I wont be bored on the weekends anymore!

complex

HSC
I try and do like 2 hours of maths every night, but I don't fill my quota.

Physics/Chem/Bio are all zzz... Haven't done any work for them at all so far, usually get homework done in frees.

HSC
~aussiegirl!~ said:
life has become so much easier since i joined this site, i printed off the notes on here for some of my subjects and i use them to study!
printing off the notes from here has exposed you to the bos forum hence much procrastination no? :eek:

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
LiL-Azn said:
I dont even want to think about next year right now. Thanks for the tips. The load of assignments are slowly building up.. AHHH!! The Stress! English is the worst, i gota write 3250 words in 3 text forms :/
I cant wait for uni.. (sarcastically)

Biology, Business, Chemistry, English Standard, IPT, Math Standard.. :D
ahaha .. omg ! ERIC ! LOL fhs*er # 4 ive found ! lol

Telekinetik

ça m'a fait du bien
HSC
So, does anybody actually understand the concept of "studying off of the syllabus"? Because I don't, haha.

Would anybody care to explain? I don't see how "students learn to: appreciate english in a variety of forms" can be used to study.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Most people don't use the syllabus for English :)

HSC
Telekinetik said:
So, does anybody actually understand the concept of "studying off of the syllabus"? Because I don't, haha.

Would anybody care to explain? I don't see how "students learn to: appreciate english in a variety of forms" can be used to study.
Syllabus study is pretty useful for PE, sciences and languages...possibly more but I'm not in a position to judge as I haven't done them. Maths its pretty much useless unless you want to check off topic list or something...which your teacher should have covered anyway. English, don't really look at the syllabus unless youre looking at the elective statement...

syllabus tells you exactly what you need to know...all the skills you will need, all the knowledge you should have by the end of it....they cant' teach you anything thats outside teh sullabus (or should i say it wont get assessed)

"students learn to: appreciate english in a variety of forms" can be used to study.

^^all that means is through your study not only will you learn your topic by reading like stories and poems and stuff, but you will listen to songs, watch movies etc

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)