Study timetable block?+typing vs writing (1 Viewer)

beaubrah

HSC
1) what do you think is more efficient for year 12 study: 45min block for every subject per day or 2hour block for 2 subjects. So 2hours for bio then break then 2hours physics.

2) do you prefer typing or hand writing your notes for example: biology and physics

beaubrah

HSC
too many variables

depends on the person tbh

it's about what works for you
I tried doing 45min blocks in year 11 but when I get to the next day I forget all the stuff I did the day before so I'm studying like the same thing for a longtime aha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

astroman

HSC
don't follow a timetable, i doubt any1 can follow it everyday, instead make a to-do list and try to write up a reasonable amount of tasks to do on that day, e.g. math exercise, dot point notes, etc.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
1) what do you think is more efficient for year 12 study: 45min block for every subject per day or 2hour block for 2 subjects. So 2hours for bio then break then 2hours physics.

2) do you prefer typing or hand writing your notes for example: biology and physics
1. The most efficient method varies between individuals.

However, it is GENERALLY more efficient if you spread the hours across multiple subjects in a day rather than focus on a single one.

e.g. If you study around 3-4 hours normally (of course, this may go up and down due to your other commitments), it's better if you did 1.5-2 hours for subject X and 1.5-2 hours for subject Y compared to doing 3-4 hours for subject X alone.

There's no such thing as the optimal block.

Your instinct will tell you when you should stop studying and take a break. i.e. signs include playing around with your pen, nothing is sinking in anymore, your productivity went down from 95 to 5%, etc.

2. Typing notes is generally better because formatting and editing are easier.

Plus, you're already 'hand-writing' when you do practice papers or questions so you do have some writing practice.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad

Typing

I lost my book of notes once and nearly cried ^^

It's easy to back up digital notes, but not so much written notes

iStudent

HSC
I do what I want when I want. I tried following a strict time table but it quickly fell apart. I also use to-do lists to make sure I do get work done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)