study tips + motivation <3 (1 Viewer)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
@stressedadfff @Hiheyhello what time do you guys feel you are most productive during the day?

In terms of when you wake up, I think waking up late (but shouldn't be after 10 am in my opinion) isn't an issue as long as you can ensure you have enough time to study throughout the day. I was waking up around 9am each day when I was studying/preparing/revising for both my trial exams and HSC exams, and would finish studying around 10pm, giving me plenty of time to make sure I wouldn't be behind.

What's important is to make sure you're sleeping long enough to ensure you are ready to study, which necessitates having enough energy. I made sure I was getting 8-9 hours of sleep each day during the study period for both my trial exams and the HSC exams.

nilatar

Zep Roadie
HSC
@stressedadfff @Hiheyhello what time do you guys feel you are most productive during the day?

In terms of when you wake up, I think waking up late (but shouldn't be after 10 am in my opinion) isn't an issue as long as you can ensure you have enough time to study throughout the day. I was waking up around 9am each day when I was studying/preparing/revising for both my trial exams and HSC exams, and would finish studying around 10pm, giving me plenty of time to make sure I wouldn't be behind.

What's important is to make sure you're sleeping long enough to ensure you are ready to study, which necessitates having enough energy. I made sure I was getting 8-9 hours of sleep each day during the study period for both my trial exams and the HSC exams.
Oh boy I'm in trouble...

DarkOperator618

HSC
7... Crimes against humanity...

A good excuse is to claim your embracing a nocturnal study routine for the holidays... Justifies the extra kip...
I'm average at night studying

also, euros are on so yea

stressedadfff

HSC
7... Crimes against humanity...

A good excuse is to claim your embracing a nocturnal study routine for the holidays... Justifies the extra kip...
Maybe it’s cause I’m sleeping at three

nilatar

Zep Roadie
HSC
Maybe it’s cause I’m sleeping at three
The time you wake up literally doesn't matter, as long as you reconfigure yourself for the term - see, your probably getting the same amount (if not less) sleep than Mr. Early Bird over here... 10/11am just sounds indulgent when you say it aloud...

Hiheyhello

HSC
if i wake up past 8 my brain says: it's too late, don't even bother, you've already lost half of the day so there's no point in trying anymore just give up.

and that's how i've fallen into the habit of setting my alarm for 5 and snoozing it till 6:30 and overall not meeting the recommended sleep requirements

DarkOperator618

HSC
Wtf... no thanks I rather wake up at 10 then that’s too extreme, in my opinion tho. What time do you finishstudying and how are you capable of such things 🥶
i finish aaround like 10 or 10.30, depending on my motivation to work and how much work i have left

Also, keep in mind i wake up early to watch football at 5am so yea

nilatar

Zep Roadie
HSC
if i wake up past 8 my brain says: it's too late, don't even bother, you've already lost half of the day so there's no point in trying anymore just give up.

and that's how i've fallen into the habit of setting my alarm for 5 and snoozing it till 6:30 and overall not meeting the recommended sleep requirements
Just shift your official wake up time to meet the sleep necessities... You stick to that, you'll get the kip you need whilst avoiding that 'oh shit the day's gone' mentality... That's why I'm able to wake up at 11am but still feel there's enough hours in the day, as I stay up til the early hours of the morning...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)