Study TV - Video Interviews with Australia's Top Students (1 Viewer)

Art of Smart

HSC
N/A
Hello,

Just wanted to leave a quick message in regards to a new free resource that I have spent the last couple of months developing for students called Study TV:

www.studytelevision.com

What is Study TV?

Study TV is an online TV show and video library dedicated to showing you how Australia's top students excelled academically at high school.

How?

Study TV provides constantly updating videos featuring interviews with Australia’s top students (99.95 ATAR scorers, State Rankers etc) as they discuss how they excelled academically at specific subjects, prepared for exams, developed study notes, wrote essays, managed their time, dealt with procrastination, overcame stress, and more!

So, if you have a specific question you want answered, head over to the http://studytelevision.com/?page_id=6Categories Page and find a topic that you need help with, and listen to how a range of top students solved your exact problem. Instead of getting a whole lot of theory that sounds nice, but doesn’t work, you will discover proven strategies and study methods that other students have used to get results.

Over the course of the next year hundreds (yes, that’s right, hundreds – 300+ to be precise) of videos will be uploaded (from 4+ per week) - so make sure you subscribe for email updates (no spam - just notifications of new videos)

Hope this resource helps.

Rowan

Art of Smart

HSC
N/A

Bobbo1

HSC
Hi, great site but could u please put a video on chemistry and economics?

Thanks

b33g_boss

HSC

In all honesty, its a really great site and has given me some advice, however the interviews are somewhat depressing and monotonous. I hope you can improve that, but other then that issue, your site is great and by far i have watched every video

Goodluck in the site's progress

Art of Smart

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the feedback!

In terms of depressing and monotonous - could you be a little more specific so I can made some changes? What particularly have you found:

a) depressing
b) monotonous

My hope was for the videos to be inspiring!

There will be 300+ videos coming out across the year so, Economics and Chemistry will certainly get more coverage.

There is already one video available for Economics:

How to Study for Economics

Cheers,

Rowan

b33g_boss

HSC
Um how should is state it.

The video conveys a message over 5-6 minutes when it could be done in 2-3 minutes.

The person takes a while to share his/her thoughts, well for me i always fall asleep after watching a couple of vids.

Art of Smart

HSC
N/A
Um how should is state it.

The video conveys a message over 5-6 minutes when it could be done in 2-3 minutes.

The person takes a while to share his/her thoughts, well for me i always fall asleep after watching a couple of vids.
Haha - Thanks for the feedback. I guess this is due to the form of the videos - as they are not lectures that typically focus on providing a succinct synthesis, but students discussing in interview format how they excelled, it takes them time to share their thoughts!

I will keep this in mind.

Cheers,

Rowan

Gigacube

HSC
How about a transcript. Sometimes I just feel like reading what they've got to say instead of watching it.

Art of Smart

HSC
N/A
How about a transcript. Sometimes I just feel like reading what they've got to say instead of watching it.
Thanks for the feedback - the only issue is that it is incredibly time consuming to create a transcript! Editing the video and uploading it is much more time efficient! I guess it just means putting up with some repetition in videos if you want to find out the techniques!

Cheers,

Rowan

b33g_boss

HSC
Thanks for the feedback - the only issue is that it is incredibly time consuming to create a transcript! Editing the video and uploading it is much more time efficient! I guess it just means putting up with some repetition in videos if you want to find out the techniques!

Cheers,

true, true.

btw do you have any idea how many people view your site. i feel as if it isn't mainstream yet, and only has around 200 peope actively watching those vids of yours.

Art of Smart

HSC
N/A
true, true.

btw do you have any idea how many people view your site. i feel as if it isn't mainstream yet, and only has around 200 peope actively watching those vids of yours.

Yes, the site has only been up for 4 weeks or so now, so certainly not mainstream yet! The videos so far have had over 5,000 views though which is cool!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)