study (1 Viewer)

chomp

HSC
Does ne1 have any good study tips/organisational tips etc?
i know i have 1/2 yearlies mid next term and i want a head start!

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
-makes dot points
- use mind maps
-pnumonics work a charm also.

just practice alot.

:)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Past papers are a must.

partelephant

Monkey on a Rock
HSC
Yeah mnemonics (I assume that's what you meant risole) are really helpful if you're creative enough to think them up (or steal them off others). They're especially good if you have to remember a lot of points e.g. all of the factors impacting something in which case a letter might trigger your memory.

Actually my friend made a couple of "interpretive dances" to remember something once (I'm being completely serious) and it was pretty effective cos I still remember what it was.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
partelephant said:
Yeah mnemonics (I assume that's what you meant risole) are really helpful if you're creative enough to think them up (or steal them off others). They're especially good if you have to remember a lot of points e.g. all of the factors impacting something in which case a letter might trigger your memory.

Actually my friend made a couple of "interpretive dances" to remember something once (I'm being completely serious) and it was pretty effective cos I still remember what it was.
yes it is, i knew the first letter was silent, just didnt know what that letter was, but yeah they are excellent..

kujah, how do you double qoute in a post?

cs01001

HSC
You copy and paste the message and use the quoting tags.

Tete-De-Chou

HSC
Yep, mnemonics are great, especially in sciences and maths. The stupider (or ruder =P) it is, the more likely you are to remember it. Word association also helps. Due to "frogs with perms" and "devon fish", I will never forget which era was the era of the amphibians and which the fish =P.

I also would study my least favourite subjects first, and my fave last, so I would have motivation to finish my study.

Being locked in a room with nothing to distract you but your study notes works wonders for those who are easily distracted (like me LOL).

I've heard that singing info to a simple tune also helps some people, but I've never tried it, so not to sure about it's effectiveness LOL =P

Tete-De-Chou

HSC
Oh, and if you are doing languages, a great way to study can be watching a DVD with the subtitles or audio of the language you are learning selected.

I did that way too much =P But it was worth it for my mark =)

IS250

HSC
I think another good method of study is pretending to be a teacher and keep reciting your notes. Help other people study as well by repeating what you've recited. This way, you can also check whether your notes and what you're studying is correct or not. Afterall, teachers seem to remember loads of info due to repeating most of it year after year.

I know this method isn't good for everyone but it's worth a try. I've found it pretty useful in the past.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
I make up songs and mantras, usually with moves :\

oh except when it comes to remembering statistics (ie economics) I normally don't even bother until one hour before the exam, then I just write them down repeatedly, it's boring as fuck (hence leaving them to the last minute) but they're always fresh in my mind when I sit the thing so I guess it works for me?

Last edited:

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
i just lock myself in my room.
turn my phone of.
shut the windows.
put my avril lavigne and yelle cds away.
and handcuff my self to the desk.
it works a charm.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
See that dosen't work for me :(

Why can't i be normal :(

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
risole91 said:
i just lock myself in my room.
turn my phone of.
shut the windows.
put my avril lavigne and yelle cds away.
and handcuff my self to the desk.
it works a charm.
*Steals keys and picklocks of handcuffs*

GG.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Razizi said:
*Steals keys and picklocks of handcuffs*

GG.
hmm, that would leave me in a dilly of a pickle... as ned flanders would say!

patty4848

HSC
I got taught these stupid little songs from my brother for simple maths formulas:

Twinkle Twinkle little star, circumference = 2 pie r

Baa Baa Black Sheep have you any wool. Yes sir yes sir y=mx+b

The funny thing is...The second one is sooo stupid that it really helped in years 9 and 10

D347H574R

Liverpudlian
HSC
patty4848 said:
I got taught these stupid little songs from my brother for simple maths formulas:

Twinkle Twinkle little star, circumference = 2 pie r

Baa Baa Black Sheep have you any wool. Yes sir yes sir y=mx+b

The funny thing is...The second one is sooo stupid that it really helped in years 9 and 10
The twinkle twinkle one is good, though I can't get a useful tune in my head that would make the second easy to remember..

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
'sif you need a song to remember y=mx+b! You deal with it so often, how could you forget? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)