Study (1 Viewer)

for all the people who got 90+ as a UAI in previous years, how many hours of study did u do a day and what were ur subjects.

HSC
N/A
I got 92.95, and barely studied at all. Subjects: Eng Adv, EE1, EE2, Textiles and Design, Ancient History and General Maths.

I hate "studying" as the mere word implies rote-learning, which I detest with a passion. Since most of my subjects were the english subjects, I focused on really trying to understand my subjects. Since I love to talk, I realised that I don't mind rote-learning so much if I get to talk to my favourite listener - my walls ;)

I never really timed my wall-to-self discussions, but they occured whenever I hit a hard spot. I also talked with my friends a lot - emphasis on ability to do it rather than hard-core studying over a book.

Coming up to the HSC: I honestly remember *promising* myself I'd study in STUVAC, but guess what - it never happened. (I *never* did any work in any of the HSC holidays. A holiday is a holiday - I figured my brain could do with a break) I admit, I was very last minute... but thankfully, since I'd gone to so much trouble to ingrain a lot of the english stuff into my head, it all sort of worked out ok.

My theory was that the way I working during the HSC year was the way I wanted to work in Uni as well - if my course required me to study for 3 hours a day *gasp* then there was no way on earth I was going to willingly do that.

That being said, I did a lot of practice essays in the week leading up to the HSC exam - I covered a lot of ground then :D And remember: studybuddies are your best friend. Collective brainpower - awesomeness!

In conclusion: Work the way that works best for you. :)

tennille

HSC
I got 95.30 and I studied quite a lot when the HSC exams were approaching. I pretty much studied most of the day, but I had breaks every hour. I think I began to study about 4-6 weeks before the exams, but I didn't study intensively until about the last 2 weeks.

The subjects I did were English Advanced, English Extension 1, Mathematics, Mathematics Extenson 1, Chemistry, Physics and Food Technology. Food Technology didn't count towards my UAI.

I agree with what Glitterfairy said- our ways of studying may not be the way you study best.

Lauiteedy

Booring

i hate school......studying is stupid...im gunna just wing it hahahahaha

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i dont want to study a whole lot. The way my marks have been all year, are pretty good, with VERY minimal study. i came first in maths for my last assessment task, for which i did fuck all study. I put it down to natural ability, and divine guidance, as i talk to my angels A LOT and they help me out in exams and stuff

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
shellybelly087 said:
i dont want to study a whole lot. The way my marks have been all year, are pretty good, with VERY minimal study. i came first in maths for my last assessment task, for which i did fuck all study. I put it down to natural ability, and divine guidance, as i talk to my angels A LOT and they help me out in exams and stuff
Angels? :confused:

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
yeh, you know... those spiritual beings that provide guidance for everyone? everyone has an angel(s)

Snow Pea!

Touch it Bring it Pay it
HSC
ive studied heaps on maths recently but seem to be goin nowhere:(
i really need to study jap.. or i will fail it.. hermm..

HSC
shellybelly087 said:

to have that much confidence in natural ability is admirable. i believe it comes down to a mixture of ability and work ethic, to be gifted strongly in both is a mix i'd like to have!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)