studying 8-10 hrs a day during STUVAC (1 Viewer)

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
Is this humanly possible?

Even on a daily basis...

How can this be achieved? cause atm i can only do 2-4 since i was to tired after trials

danz90

HSC
lol i've pulled those kinds of study days right before trials.
it's not easy.

Best way of going about it is timetabling the day to do a solid 10 hours of PLANNED study... know exactly what you're going to study. most of the time if your not exactly sure what to study, you'll end up procrastinating and wasting time. The timetabling thing worked for me...

you may be different... but I don't recommend studying a lot at night time. the body tends to go into shut-down mode.

HSC
danz90 said:
it's not easy.

Best way of going about it is timetabling the day to do a solid 10 hours of PLANNED study... know exactly what you're going to study. most of the time if your not exactly sure what to study, you'll end up procrastinating and wasting time. The timetabling thing worked for me...

you may be different... but I don't recommend studying a lot at night time. the body tends to go into shut-down mode.
Timetable didnt work for me, made me more stressful that i wasn't studying when i should be.

danz90

HSC
I'm talking about a 'temporary' timetable... not a regular timetable that is set for each week. For example, on a particular day u know u want to cover a certain number of topics from a subject, or whatever... so make a timetable only for one day... so that you cover whatever you aimed to cover.

Sometime's it's really hard to avoid distractions though... like today, we had guests over, and I just couldn't keep on studying without saying hello and getting into a chat. Then my cousins called me to go over and see them for a bit.. so that took another couple of hours away. These next two weeks - I'M OFF THE AIR. lol

henry08

HSC
N/A
I down about 4 hours today. Really need to buckle down tomorrow. On a good day (weekend) I can do 6-7 hours.

HSC
henry08 said:
I down about 4 hours today. Really need to buckle down tomorrow. On a good day (weekend) I can do 6-7 hours.
Woo people are still online.

Distraction from study atm? MSN + BoS

henry08

HSC
N/A
kevinx2 said:
Woo people are still online.

Distraction from study atm? MSN + BoS
Woo. Lol I'm waiting for an answer to my Q in the Physics forum.

miche11e

HSC
im doing the weekly planner thing - the only reason that its working is because ive planned to do exams and ive stuck all the study i need to do around those exams so that when the exams come im ready for them (just past exams)

this way im studying for something close rather than something relativley far away (even tho english is in 2 and a half weeks...)

Numbers

Banned
HSC
From now until I finish my HSC, I'm going to go to sleep at about 8ish PM, and wake at about 4ish AM. I find that I can study most effectively in the morning. :D

miche11e

HSC
i study most effectivley in the morning too, buit im finding that 7am is good for me - darkness makes me sleepy lol.
im going to bed about 10pm and waking up about 7am and starting about 7.30

Numbers

Banned
HSC
miche11e said:
i study most effectivley in the morning too, buit im finding that 7am is good for me - darkness makes me sleepy lol.
im going to bed about 10pm and waking up about 7am and starting about 7.30
fair enough. i just find that in the morning it's peaceful, nobody is there to distract me, and i can just get to work.

henry08

HSC
N/A
I particularly like studying late at night. I.e. I'm talking between 1 and 5 am.

namburger

Noob Member
HSC
danz90 said:
it's not easy.

An ex-hsc student who got 100 uai did not create a timetable in terms of hours (ie. 2 hours on math, 3 hours on english etc...). Instead, she set goals she needed to achieve and I think this is much more succesful then allocating time

tau281290

HSC
Just allocate 2 past papers each day + 1 english essay every day until the HSC finishes =D. This is 8 - 10 hours each day already if you meet your goals.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
i'm planning 2 past papers a day + revision.

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
I worked up a weekly study timetable and in the morning before I start I pencil in what subjects I want to do on that day.

On Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday I study up to about 11 ½ hours. This comes up to around 12 hours on weekends.

I wake at 7am and start at 8am and finish around 10pm. Plenty of little breaks inbetween though.

You've got to be seriously and unconditionally dedicated and motivated to pull it off however. If you believe you can, then if is humanly possibly. Just know your limits and vices.

HSC
I've done two hrs this morning. Plan on doing two more hrs in the afternoon, then two more later on tonight.

If you space out your study, it doesn't feel like you're flogging yourself.

miche11e

HSC
henry08 said:
I particularly like studying late at night. I.e. I'm talking between 1 and 5 am.
im not sure if thats a good habit to get into because when the exams come, you wont be able to get out of it very easily...
but i can see the advantages of studying at these kind of times.
I think numbers' approach would suit me better than yours tho

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
My principal is freaking out that our grade will fuck up the HSC and he told us to do 100 hours of study a week. I'm serious. He's a complete fucknuckle. One teacher said his heart was in the right place, he was just being highly unrealistic. Then when the principal got all our grade together on the last week of school and stressed that 3-4 hours of study a day "AIN'T ENOUGH, IT JUST AIN'T" and that some people in the state are doing 15 hours a day. I was like, fuck off, find me these people!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)