• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Studying all week? (2 Viewers)

Scanorama

HSC
Study timetable never worked on me. Our teachers helped us to organise our own study timetable. I only followed it once, the night when I got it. Afterwards I just studied when there was a test the next day or the assignment is about to due. Even before the HSC, I only studied 5 hours a day maximum. Im such a lazy bum compare to some of you :p

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
melsc said:
looks like thats wat i need to do
NO WAY. just coz that nazi like homework regime worked for him/her doesnt mean you should commit to the same level.
some people can cope living that sort of life for a year. others cant, and if they try they burn out and become throw backs and dont care...

procrastinate procrastinate procrastinate. that homework can always be done tomorrow if you have somnething social to do. be laid back, not unreliable.
your marks/uai will not suffer if you have a life. i would argue that they can be better off

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
same here :(
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to melsc again.
your a rep slut! haha and after all the advice i gave you? dont you like me? haha

HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
hey carisma question
is this "study" on top of ur homework?
i jus do homework each night and thats it
assessments if i have them to do
u must say up late studying dude
but congrats! thats great that u can! :)
i wish i could!!!
I get home, spend 1hr on the comp and do study 2 hours straight, then I go sit on computer, within 1-2hrs something inside tells me to go do more, then I do a further 1hr

But yeh my study includes HW, but I do about 30min-1hr max homework, My homework is mainly what I haven't done in class, and I mainly finish my shit, but yeh what I'm going to try and do is if I can actually write my own answer too the syllabus dot points after I've studied that topic, off the top of my head, that way it retrains your memory

It can also test how much you know, I went and to see if I could do it for BS Yr11, and I did the first topic in an hour, and it was similar from the notes I studied back last september

The trick for me is doing big chunks (2hrs) absorbs more in, I'm hoping to get Employment relations done by Sunday so I got all of Mon-Sun to work on SDD/Maths/Eng

The trick is also too treat study like a habit, that way you feel uneven if you don't do it plus the time goes fast

I only started this 2-3hrs a day on the 14th of Feb

04er

HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
Dang...what time did u sleep each night?!
I always finished study by 10.00 pm and went to bed before 11.00 pm (my mum made sure of that).
joe_m_2000 said:
was this study on top of ur homework and assessments?!
No. The hours I indicated above included time spent on homework (lowest priority, a lot of the time I didn't have any time to do homework), study and assessments.

04er

HSC
Benny1103 said:
Burn out? Rofl...what a senseless thing to suggest that many people would have from over studying. You would only 'burn out' if you were affected physically from studying(ie. 24 hours a day so that you suffer from sleep and food deprivation). There is really no such thing as burning out from studying unless you do what I just mentioned above. Burn out is just an excuse used by people who are too lazy to put in the effort to study and/or are not committed to their studies.
Well said.

lala2

Banned
HSC
does this 'study' include homework? My homework alone can take 3-4 hours, and atm I'm only revising minimally: 2 bio outcomes a day, blah for maths assessment coming up, and plan to start soon on 2 chem outcomes a day...

04er

HSC
lala2 said:
does this 'study' include homework? My homework alone can take 3-4 hours, and atm I'm only revising minimally: 2 bio outcomes a day, blah for maths assessment coming up, and plan to start soon on 2 chem outcomes a day...
As I said, it included homework, working on assessments, and genuine study (reading from text books, reading summaries and doing practice questions that go beyond homework and assessments). Unfortunately homework and (fucked up) assessments meant that I could only spend about half of my time on genuine study.

Last edited:
HSC
I think a good example of genuine homework is my SDD homework, we have too fill out a book that basically outlines dot points, in order for us too find answers we gotta read off our text book then write the answer in

So If I go study the topic for SDD, this stuff is fresh in my mind

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
i admire u casmira!
thats so good that uv conditioned urself 2 do that
i wish i could

HSC
I used too hate it and do crammage, but you gotta keep telling yourself, even during a game you will hate yourself for saying it, but you eventually treat it as a habit

for example I forced (i emphasise the word, forced) to have a break yesterday, and normally takes me 3 days to do a BS topic (taking it easy) but I did the whole topic in 1 day (today) ;D

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Casmira said:
I used too hate it and do crammage, but you gotta keep telling yourself, even during a game you will hate yourself for saying it, but you eventually treat it as a habit

for example I forced (i emphasise the word, forced) to have a break yesterday, and normally takes me 3 days to do a BS topic (taking it easy) but I did the whole topic in 1 day (today) ;D
wow thats awesome...congrats carisma! good work man!
do u watch TV nemore or not?
im hooked on THE OC and LOST at the moment...
grr
i dont know how im gonna study
and i come on here so much-thats another prob 2

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Benny1103 said:
Burn out? Rofl...what a senseless thing to suggest that many people would have from over studying. You would only 'burn out' if you were affected physically from studying(ie. 24 hours a day so that you suffer from sleep and food deprivation). There is really no such thing as burning out from studying unless you do what I just mentioned above. Burn out is just an excuse used by people who are too lazy to put in the effort to study and/or are not committed to their studies.
are you doing your hsc now? if you are then you have no idea what your talking about it. watch what happens you ignorant dick, youll see it. it happens everywhere

04er

HSC
TurboTom said:
are you doing your hsc now? if you are then you have no idea what your talking about it. watch what happens you ignorant dick, youll see it. it happens everywhere
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and expressing it doesn't merit the title, 'ignorant dick'. :rolleyes:

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Casmira said:
Does anyone here study just 7 days a week? I started doing 2-3 hours a day, but the thing is im so hooked i dont want a day off to be honest, i feel guilty and like i won't go well so im constantly studying
oh god, please, let's swap, i can't motivate myself to stay on the studying for more than 2 nights in a row

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
TurboTom said:
To avoid burn out one must cease to care about the HSC.

HSC
TurboTom said:
Your brain can handle ~5hrs a day, 5 days a week at 10 weeks at a time, 4 times a year

whats half that amount of hours, over 6 days a week going to do ?

I really doubt 'burn out' exists, unless you go hardcore and do 10hrs, but I'd only do that day before hsc

glycerine said:
oh god, please, let's swap, i can't motivate myself to stay on the studying for more than 2 nights in a row
Nobody motivated me ;) you have to want to go well, it sounds harsh but if you can't motivate yourself you aren't in a good position, decisions in life (ie. work) is fueled by motivation, you need to start now, you need to WANT to go well

(christ i sound like that big teethed american dude :( )

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
withoutaface said:
To avoid burn out one must cease to care about the HSC.
strangely, i perform best when i don't care at all. if i start to care it means my marks and mental wellbeing will start to go down

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)