Studying English? (1 Viewer)

princessx0x0

Sorry to be a pain in the rear but it would be most helpful if someone would like to tell me their best ways for studying English. With only a couple of weeks to go for our first english exam i need all the study hints/tips/anything possible!

xxoo
:confused:

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
stuff english
study for maths
1. its easier to study for
2. its easier to get marks for
3. its ...... FUCKING LOGICAL.
:)

#2 is right though ^_^
gl hf

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
Li0n said:
stuff english
study for maths

#2 is right though ^_^
gl hf
that was helpful Li0n i'm sure.

anyway, to answer your question - re-read your texts and your found texts. now some quotes off by heart, do lots of practice essays and remember to keep timing yourself to make sure that you can write within the time limit.

CrashOveride

HSC
5 pages or somethign in 40min? They want us to contract RSI or something....what a joke

On another note, can anyone be so kind as to direct me where we can get the information about structure of the exams like i know there are 3 parts to each day for english. Also i heard for AOS u need like 4 texts? BOS booklet, 2 of ur own choosing and core text????? I've been doing it whole year with only 3(assessments etc) and on the last day my teacher says i need a 4th..... ???

Gemstone

Crashoveride - Your best of having 4 texts for Journeys (Perscribed, BOS Booklet, and 2 extras). They can ask for more than one extra text. They can also specify a text in the BOS Booklet but they never have so your best of knowing them all. They can also say more than 1 BOS Booklet text. That's what my teacher told us and she's a HSC Marker so I suspect it is true.

Gemma

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
its actually 8 pages in 40minutes, not 5...but they are hsc booklet pages. they're smaller than A4, with big margins at top, bottom and sides and huge spaces between the lines. so it's not that big of a deal - most ppl will use more than one booklet for each response.
they quite often ask for you to deal with 'your prescribed text, one booklet text and at related texts of your choosing.' this means more then one related text. if they ask for 'at least one text of your own choosing' then u could just use 1, but its recommended that u use two. they've never asked for 2 booklet texts, but it wouldnt hurt to know 2 just in case.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Haha, if they DO ask for more than one BOS text (HIGHLY unlikely), Ill just have "The Road Not Taken" on my hands.

J

jhakka

Li0n said:
stuff english
study for maths

#2 is right though ^_^
gl hf
HuzZah for you.

I usually memorise five or six quotes per text and then bullshit my way through the exam to 80-85% results. :D

frazzle

HSC
practise exams? how!? i'm trying to do as little as possible because i'm really scared that my hand will start hurting like it did during my trials, and it's way too late to apply for a scribe...

how DO you prepare for english? [and avoid writing/practise exams]

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
frazzle said:
practise exams? how!? i'm trying to do as little as possible because i'm really scared that my hand will start hurting like it did during my trials, and it's way too late to apply for a scribe...

how DO you prepare for english? [and avoid writing/practise exams]
what sort of question is that? how do you study for english without writing! its like asking how you can study for maths without learning formulas and practicing how to apply them! id be more worried about not having done practice than a sore hand. if you really wont write, than read your texts again and read over your notes and summaries and your trial essays, exemplar answers etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)