Studying for 2003 hsc (1 Viewer)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
I was just wondering how you guys all studied throughout the year for physics. i am also interested in hearing about what sort of techniques worked and what textbooks were the best?

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
HOW:
* Make notes on syllabus points regularily
* Organise notes weekly
* Make sure you understand concepts FULLY, if not ask
* Sometimes the techer does not know all, look for info in other places

BOOKS:
* Jacaranda is a must, even if it is a little excesive
* Excel is also good
* Past paper books, such as Success 1 are also handy

WHAT WORKS:
* Constant revies of topics
* Understanding, not memorisation
* Practice of past papers

Hope that helps

great_gregory

I'm really just OK...
HSC
Yes, definately write out the dot points for the syllabus. And here's a tip; start early (NOW!). DON'T leave it until the last week before your exam; you just won't have time. Belive me... :D

gl

HSC
Yeah, i ignored the syllabus throughout the preliminary and HSC course and so learnt almost nothing because i thought i hated physics, but when i went through the syllabus dot points to learn them about a month before the HSC i realised that i actually liked physics! A bit late by then of course :(

What i did realise was four things:

1: My school textbook sucked, and randomly avoided chunks of the syllabus while including completely irrelevant crap.

2: Study guides rock, they know all.

3: Definitely do practice questions, because you can't just recite wads of notes in the exam, you actually have to think for yourself.

4: Q2Q may be the most "popular" option in that more people do it, but compared to well, everything, it sucks.

nakata

If you are a person who doesnt like Physics then do what i do. Just make notes according to the syllabus, writing notes on each dot points. Memorise and learn the notes you write, and jus go through excel when your tests are near, this will give you an okay mark. But if you want to do better then that, then it is a matter of buying more Physics tect books, and do test papers. Doing good in Physics, and any other tests, all involve doing lots of questions, as well as learning and understanding theory.

Jripper

The best way as we all have said is to make model answers for every dot pot especially the discuss and assess question because highly likely its going to be a 7 marker....Get your teacher to have a look at it and ask him/her to give u a band 6 answer.....
then go home and memorise it......and most likely they will ask you the dot pot in the test

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
this is how i would go ... if i did physics again ...

before assessments and during the year:
* make notes based on the dot points in the syllabus ... and then summarise these ...
* aim to understand the notes and the dot points ...

hopefully during the year ... if not pre-assessments:
* learn and memorise the list of verbs ...

whenever you can:
* practise a few questions from past hscs (2001, 2002) and specimen paper ... as well as questions from textbooks and trials ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)