Studying For Concerts (1 Viewer)

Ingoesout

HSC
N/A
Has anyone ever done this? I'm kindof ashamed to say I have. Like in the week leading up to a particular concert I've listened mainly only to that bands cd's and made an effort to learn the lyrics to any songs I didn't previously know the lyrics to. It paid off when they "threw" the mic over to the audience, and i was able to yell in unison with the rest of the devoted fans. Ha, is it a lie?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
If its a band you love, you should know the lyrics already!

I was dead set centre, front row for John Mayer last year. Safe to assume I'm a die hard fan :)

But yeah I know what you mean. I should sometimes. I got taken to an Augie March concert and wish I knew all the lyrics.

daledugahole

HSC
If I don't the album that the tour is in support of then I always get myself a copy. I usually listen to it anyway for a while before the concert because I'm so excited about the concert.

Which reminds me I need to get Stadium Arcadium before April.

HSC
haha not really

although it shits me when i go and see a band, having listened to their new stuff a couple of times and being in love with their old stuff .. and then they play like, pretty much all songs from their new cd and i'm like :| i mean, i know the purpose of touring is to promote the new record, but yeah it irritates me.

lengy

HSC
Oh that reminds me that I should be listening to Black Hole and Revelations and practising. :eek:

HSC
N/A
I thought it was just me who put all my Muse stuff back onto my iPod on the way to tonight's concert.... *blush*

But I know most their lyrics.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
redrum is a poser :eek:
sifnt come to Lupe. Dude...from all of the concerts last year....he was the best since common!!

you going to bone?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Usually only if theres like a new album thats just come out, but usually its been in the playlist long enough to know.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
redruM said:
sifnt come to Lupe. Dude...from all of the concerts last year....he was the best since common!!

you going to bone?

nah fuck bone. crowd will be just like snoop.

im going to the roots though!!! i better fkn see you there maaaaan.

im going to boyz ii men and kci and jojo though.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
nah fuck bone. crowd will be just like snoop.

im going to the roots though!!! i better fkn see you there maaaaan.

im going to boyz ii men and kci and jojo though.
Yeah fo sho!

I'm gettin the tix on tuesday

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
the thing is, is that you have to pay for the concert ticket months in advance, so i find myself listening to the band about the time i buy the tickets, but come to when the actual concert is on im listening to other stuff, so i need to have a little refresher course (say the morning of the concert) just to make sure i know all the lyrics

i hate going to concerts when i dont know most of the songs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)