studying for English (1 Viewer)

cam.t

HSC
Re: Recommended Texbooks/Study Guides for Preliminary HSC?

hey; wots the best study method for english. i really want to improve on my english skills but i dont know how. any suggestions? thanks.

:)

ratcher0071

HSC

bored of sc

HSC

cam.t said:
hey; wots the best study method for english. i really want to improve on my english skills but i dont know how. any suggestions? thanks.

:)
Reading and writing, sounds silly but its so true. Read lots of different texts - try to get a variety of texts. Writing - compose a variety of text types for different audiences and purposes and in different contexts.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

bored of sc said:
Reading and writing, sounds silly but its so true. Read lots of different texts - try to get a variety of texts. Writing - compose a variety of text types for different audiences and purposes and in different contexts.
I beg of you, don't do this as a way to improve your english before exams. Works well in the long term though.

5233andy

HSC
I always prepare an introduction before an exam. Frankly, for EE1, the introductions for all of my assessments so far have been the same - same topic, the nature of evil.

I know that some people like to spent a few moments planning during an exam - yes... it works for some, but not for me. I tend to throw my introduction from mind to paper as soon as I can.

In terms of studying, knowing quotes, their techniques and effect should really springboard you to a sophisticated response.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
5233andy said:
I always prepare an introduction before an exam. Frankly, for EE1, the introductions for all of my assessments so far have been the same - same topic, the nature of evil.

I know that some people like to spent a few moments planning during an exam - yes... it works for some, but not for me. I tend to throw my introduction from mind to paper as soon as I can.

In terms of studying, knowing quotes, their techniques and effect should really springboard you to a sophisticated response.
What if your introduction doesn't match the focus question in the exam?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)