Studying for exams (1 Viewer)

jellybabii91

HSC
heya all~!!
omgsh my yr11 half yearly exam is in like 3 daiz and ive already started studyin 4 it but theres juss so much 2 rememba 4 it =[
4 like one chapter i already have 2 pages of notes and theres 6 chapters 2 study 4 da exam.,,
duz any1 noe any gud tricks or techniques 4 da economics exam..or even da best way 2 rememba info and study 4 it??
thnx and sorry 4 da long post..

Last edited by a moderator:

-pari-

HSC
N/A
Re: Emergency!! PLEASE HELP..

dont panic. just sit down. and study.

panic and you'll lose it.

Ozza

HSC
Re: Emergency!! PLEASE HELP..

Year 11 you say? well umm, just remember things in points...

For example, to remember the factors affecting an increase or decrease in demand, remember:

S - Size and age distribtuion of the population
P - Prices of other goods and services (substitutes)
I - Incomes levels of consumers
T - Tastes and preferences of consumers
E - Expected future prices

And once you've got that sort of thing inyour mind, you can answer a paragraph on each once you've got somewhere to start from.. that's how I've been taught to learn economics, learn a short list and then just use what you know to expand on it (which should be a fair bit).

williamc

HSC
jellybabii91 said:
heya all~!!
omgsh my yr11 half yearly exam is in like 3 daiz and ive already started studyin 4 it but theres juss so much 2 rememba 4 it =[
4 like one chapter i already have 2 pages of notes and theres 6 chapters 2 study 4 da exam.,,
duz any1 noe any gud tricks or techniques 4 da economics exam..or even da best way 2 rememba info and study 4 it??
LOL 2 pages for one chapter long?? Try 13 pages for one chapter as a summary..

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
jellybabii91 said:
heya all~!!
i think youve left your summaries too late, try just reading the text book closely and understanding the concepts and learning definitions eg economic problem, circular flow etc.

LOL 2 pages for one chapter long?? Try 13 pages for one chapter as a summary..
13 pages? remember its not always good to have excessivley long summaries. what do you read the night before an exam?
if you cant get your summaries precise the first go, i suggest you summarise your summaries

williamc

HSC
But i can remember all of it, well 86% of it (half yearly). The 13 pages is for chapter 4 in which imo is the hardest chapter to understand. I read the textbook the night before the exam to make sure i have everything in my notes.. and mind.

ipod21

HSC
Yep never panic.

Make ur notes concise and only put things down you need to learn. if you know some stuff in ur head already, dont add them to your notes.

had my half yearlies before the end of term 1 and hav yet to get it back!! lol

anyway , goodluck

sk8ie_boi

peaker
HSC
Hehe don't panic ... I remember everyone use to be like this. But just remember to think logic. Economics is based on everyday things. Just things, why do this happen and how it relates to the next thing and the next etc =D ... Good Luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)