Studying for french (1 Viewer)

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
oki well, we've all bared our teeth and gone thru our speaking exams...now we have The HSC Written exam...

so how r u all studying?

bex

HSC
Ive been preparing for the listening by playing french radio and for the written, just going over good sentences that go with the units we've done... thats about it really its not a lot!

Kellidoscope

i hate studying for french, because i always feel like i'm not actually doing anything.... i know it was ages ago, but how did we all find the speaking?

kelly

french studying

hey ppl studying francais,
well umm ive been studying french by going over past papers esp. the reading skills because i lose most of my marks there. For listening, ive been trying to comprehend the french news which is on at 9am monday-friday, channel 2 or sbs (not sure on that one) and for writing ive been memorising good phrases that sound french because idiomatic expressions are in the hsc criteria so they r good to use....for eg) what a pity- quel dommage, my tutor said to use these expressions because you sound very french. Ive been also revising the grammar esp. the subjunctive because my school teacher said that when hsc markers see that you have used the subjunctive, they are REALLY impressed!! so try to use it......

btw my speaking exam was atrocious, i had an evil person testing me and she made me feel very uncomfortable so i think i went really badly. how did everyone else go?

best of luck

Mikalina

My speaking was okay.. the lady was nice.. but i know i screwed up!!!

The way i am studying.. well.. i call it cheat studying...
and i'm going to let you in....
You see, i like Buffy/Angel. And i found all these french sites, with transcripts. So i printed out a couple of eps, and read along. Highlighting parts, that i can use in written exams. And because the show is translated for teenagers, it uses language/slang that is relevent.
And i remember it, because i think of where it is in the ep..
like Bon Sang! blah blah blah blah...

It's different from DVD's because you can actually write on the paper, and have it in front of you.. rather than stop pause.. and write.

so- there's my babble!!!:argue:

Queen B

past hsc listening papers are good... theyre pretty old, but alot of it hasnt changed that much except now we have a lesser gap between questions to write answers! :(

shazzam

acta est fabula
HSC
Mikalina bonne idée! Je pense que je vais surfer des sites de OC maintenant

chepas

HSC
Yes I fully endorse french.about.com! AWESOMEST place on earth. Plus another set of forums to which one gets addicted...

And YAY! Sick ancient exhumed thread! :D

fush

HSC
just cram a few good phrases in the night before....and just hope that listeining is easy, and we have dictiohnaries for the reading part

illin

Ill factor
HSC
U guys actually stdy for french??
its piss easy dont worry about studying for it
just do a little and u'll be fine

What i want for french: 98
What i hope to get: 99
What I'll probably get: 100

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)