Studying For HSC (1 Viewer)

x___y

HSC
Just generally, how do you guys study and what do you find more effective, and most importantly, what do you guys recommend?:
1. Studying multiple subjects in one day
2. Dedicate each day to one subject alone

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
At this point past papers are your best friend. Do subjects you’re least confident with. Also if your not feeling like doing a subject don’t force yourself to sit through it because it will just be unproductive.

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
As I only do 4 subjects (Ext 1 + 2 Maths, Eco, Legal and English), I do either ext 1 or 2 and one of the electives and a bit of English every day

But as stated, past papers either going through it or timed

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Just generally, how do you guys study and what do you find more effective, and most importantly, what do you guys recommend?:
1. Studying multiple subjects in one day
2. Dedicate each day to one subject alone
When I did HSC I tried doing 3 papers per day (8-9 hours per day) which failed, so it usually resulted in 2 papers per day but occasionally 3. Different subjects is good as it makes it more fun, imagine studying one thing for 9 hours straight.

I'd probably say focus on improving marks on your subjects that can get you the most ATAR. For me this was Maths Ext 2/Physics/Biology.

Also never studied for English (except memorising quotes + creative) as I had literally no idea what you're meant to do to improve in the subject and had no tutor. So unless you have someone to give you feedback I feel like it's a waste of time as you have no idea how to improve after every past paper that you do (which should be the goal of past papers - you don't do past papers for the sake of doing them).

TL;DR - study multiple per day, and focus more time for the ones where you can improve the most marks/ATAR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)