• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

studying for IT (1 Viewer)

cashmate69

HSC
as the test is in 4 days time

how are u guys studying for it, and how long are u doing it

Götterfunken

HSC
Doing old tests to find what I don't know, printing off notes, going through the hsc.csu.edu site for IT, asking questions on BoS if I had a problem.

Good luck! :)

d_griffo

HSC
WHAT Ever

Wishing to god that what i study is in the test
Where do i start
well.....
there is a shit load we have to know from
<b> theory</b>
like copyright, OHS, client support, inventory, how to set up a system, inside your computer, hardware software, employees of IT and the list goes on and on

<b> practical </b>
database, word, spreadsheet, internet, powerpoint, image stuff (jpeg, gif, tiff)
types of backing up

monitors, printers, scanners,cd roms, mouse, keyboard,

virus but havent see a test on it yet from HSC.

im tryin to do at least 2hrs a day to remember and go thru all my notes and past papers and workbooklets and havent even do any extended responses

i think if you havent started studied, good luck to ya

HSC
i just went over the excel/teachers notes and now im doing practice past papers, anyone find the papers get easier? the specimen paper was alright, so was 2001 paper, 2002 was a little tricky in terms of extended response but like 2003/2004 paper was a joke

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
yeh Casimira there was this ques in the 2004 of a table of DRIVES cant remember but it was piss easy and worth a bigass 6 hope the 2005 will be he same good luck all

exa_boi87

aka biomic
HSC
That was the floppy/tape/cd question right? ... yeh that was sweet, as was the ports question :D ...

heres to hoping that installation of software is an extended response :)

HSC
2002 had installation of software but in the installing software stage, not identify client needs or obtain software ;)

exa_boi87

aka biomic
HSC
Yeh .. i prefer the installation stage lol .. so thats quite the rort.

ok .. hmm .. heres to ergonomics :D

and th, pm sent

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
I think in terms of extended responses 002 copt it

HSC
well 0.05% got band 6 in 2002, and 1.01% in 2004, that contrasts effectively how in 2002 2 people got band 6, and in 2004 37 people got band 6 ;)

Nemisis

HSC
N/A
I find studying for IT a complete waste of time personally. The fact that now especially it is the same day as my weakest subject, I won't be doing any study for it.

I believe that IT is something you pretty much know, or you don't. The only real think you can learn is the legals sides of it. I would suggest that people go through old papers and then from there what they don't know they can look into further.

Also, I have seen alot of people (other threads) asking about file types and such, a good little tools google. Just type in Define:GIF for example.

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=....mozilla:en-US:official&q=Define:+GIF&spell=1

Just my opinion :)

d_griffo

HSC
Nemisis i agree with you if you know it you know it, if you dont you wont remember, especially about software stuff, but with OHS, inventory and that i reakon ur still got a small chance of remembering it. But if its in the past papers especially for extended respons i dont think it will probably come up again

I know what gif was but i have found a few sites with it either way

good site www.webopedia.com if you dont have it as a favourite your missing out. Its a site full of glossary definitions for computers.

And the only thing we did for OHS and inventory etc is thru those sheets, its stupid. when you think they say IT you would do mostly IT but this is nearly as bad as Industrial Technology where its nearly business studies. what happened to just using computers and did anyone learn how to build a computer or anything like that. cause we didnt most of it was using computer, only prac thing was work placement. I went to a networking place and a computer repair place, other than that i know the rest by doin the stuff at home in my own time.

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
whats percentage of pepz getting band 5 ???
I was hoping for a 6 but high band 5 is where i most probably fit in

d_griffo

HSC
im tryin to as high band as i can i reakon highest i will get is a band 5

especially looking a 2001 paper and there was no band 6

IT is especially hard to get a band 6 in

as Casmira said only 34 people in the state got band 6 and how many people did the course last year

HSC
You should have a look at the extended resposes marking comments for 2002, they where so nit picky with the last extended response question, I addressed all points off the top of my head, took me about 45min to do it, and I dont think I would of got 15 because I didnt mention much on actual dates only people, this is how i split it up

1.1) Issues associated with users maintaining printer
1.2) Consequences of failing regular maintenance
1.2.1) Consequences of failing to clean toner after use
1.2.2) Consequences of failing to maintain printer
1.3) Recommendations for future maintenance

full report style, even indented, maybe 13/14 for not mentioning dates often?

HSC
about 8%, usually people in band 5 are the ones who know their shit but dont finely tune their extended response skills, if you are in band 6 you probably have a finely tuned bullshit detector and can ace extended responses :uhhuh:

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
hmm yep that was a long on took me bout an hr to do
though what was ur structure like essay or report? I found it was better just in essay but u strat repeating your self

hey ill be happy wit a high band 5 what bout u casmira?

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
my mate got 90 lastyr
but he was IT oriented guy
but anyone can get band 5 i recogn use commmon sense chuck in some IT terminology

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)