• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Studying habbits? (1 Viewer)

Nake

HSC
I have pretty much bludged my way through school to this date, whislt still managing to get OK results. Im wanting to become alot more involved with my studies during the HSC year in 2009. Obviously it will be a big leap, but i just want to know if anyone has some good habbits or study techniques to help me stay ontop of the work load, and succeed in my subjects.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Nake said:
I have pretty much bludged my way through school to this date, whislt still managing to get OK results. Im wanting to become alot more involved with my studies during the HSC year in 2009. Obviously it will be a big leap, but i just want to know if anyone has some good habbits or study techniques to help me stay ontop of the work load, and succeed in my subjects.
Work consistently. It doesn't matter how much you study (this DOES NOT necessarily mean you should study like 1 minute or 30 seconds), as long as you study bits by bits, it's great. That's just my opinion. I think it is better to study bits by bits everyday than go all-out at once.

Hope that helped.

ratcher0071

HSC
Studying just doesn't mean reading notes. :( You have to practice things like past papers, revision questions, and practice essays. :D I know it might be long and boring :vcross: but in the end it will be worth it. ;)

Epistemophobia

Serenity Painted Death
HSC
ratcher0071 said:
Studying just doesn't mean reading notes. :( You have to practice things like past papers, revision questions, and practice essays. :D I know it might be long and boring :vcross: but in the end it will be worth it. ;)
geez.. hope you don't do all those expressions in real life after every sentence

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
lyounamu said:
Work consistently. It doesn't matter how much you study (this DOES NOT necessarily mean you should study like 1 minute or 30 seconds), as long as you study bits by bits, it's great. That's just my opinion. I think it is better to study bits by bits everyday than go all-out at once.

Hope that helped.
Yeah that's true - I've experienced that this year studying for my prelims (shouldn't have left it to the last 2 weeks) so I was cramming a lot. After this experience, I'm going to just start studying bit by bit everyday.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
the-derivative said:
Yeah that's true - I've experienced that this year studying for my prelims (shouldn't have left it to the last 2 weeks) so I was cramming a lot. After this experience, I'm going to just start studying bit by bit everyday.
Good point. I believe that once the exams are approaching, the time for study should have really been over ages ago, and you should just be doing some calm revision in order to build confidence and exam strategies.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Aplus said:
Good point. I believe that once the exams are approaching, the time for study should have really been over ages ago, and you should just be doing some calm revision in order to build confidence and exam strategies.
Yeah, as I said, I do regret leaving it to the last minute - however it's good that I learn from this now and be prepeared for when the Year 12 Trials and HSC comes up.

ratcher0071 said:
o_O

I'm confused :(
LOL I sense sarcasm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)