Studying in England? (1 Viewer)

Aliy Moon

HSC
Is the idea of studying overseas and particularly England achievable? I have researched costs of living in London and looked at the universities but I would like to hear any feedback, ideas or any additional information, it would be great to know so that I can consider this option a bit more seriously:)

turntaker

HSC
Australia has world standard universities, especially uws . You should just go there

Last edited:

Lina3

HSC
England is expensive. I've looked at studying and living in London and its just not affordable for most people, unless you want massive debts at the end of it. Don't even get me started on Oxbridge....

chloe_angelique

HSC
Is the idea of studying overseas and particularly England achievable? I have researched costs of living in London and looked at the universities but I would like to hear any feedback, ideas or any additional information, it would be great to know so that I can consider this option a bit more seriously:)
Hello Aliy Moon! The idea of studying abroad is achievable nowadays. I know that there are a lot of scholarship programs that has been offered to those who really wanted to study abroad. Try checking resources thru online on how to make it into reality like DiversityAbroad, StudyAbroad, GoAbroad, etc. But if you're into scholarships try the first resource I've mentioned.

Aliy Moon

HSC
Hello Aliy Moon! The idea of studying abroad is achievable nowadays. I know that there are a lot of scholarship programs that has been offered to those who really wanted to study abroad. Try checking resources thru online on how to make it into reality like DiversityAbroad, StudyAbroad, GoAbroad, etc. But if you're into scholarships try the first resource I've mentioned.
Thank You for replying :) I'm currently in Year 12 now and making serious decisions about uni. I am considering going to the AFTRS in Sydney because I really would like to work in the film or television production (I'm not sure entirely in what area) but studying this overseas would be even better

A711

HSC
UK - Semester 1 starts September
Aus - Semester 1 starts March

If you submit an application, does that mean you have to wait until mid May-August for a confirmation of acceptance or rejection? (Which would be pretty sad if you get rejected). ie. take a gap year and .... just twiddle your thumbs and wait?

Last edited:

A711

HSC
UK - Semester 1 starts September
Aus - Semester 1 starts March

If you submit an application, does that mean you have to wait until mid May-August for a confirmation of acceptance or rejection? (Which would be pretty sad if you get rejected). ie. take a gap year and .... just twiddle your thumbs and wait?
nvm, I asked. Apparently you just apply for an Aus uni as though you're intending on staying, then unenrol when September rolls around

JaySea2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Definitely achievable (if you can afford it). :) I'm studying in England right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)