Studying in Uni for a long time bad or good (9-10 years)? (1 Viewer)

Simorgh

HSC
At least 9-10 years what I found so far is the case for the degrees I have been looking at lately. Is that an unhealthy amount of time to spend studying at University?

Last edited:

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I think at the end of the date it is really up to your mentality. If you don't like university environment, then that's just torture to stay for that long, but if you enjoy your studies and the lifestyle and social atmosphere of uni, I don't see why 9-10 years is not a good thing-->since surely advancing towards whatever you want to do is a good thing, if not, then perhaps reassess whether it is worth it.

meDAawesome

HSC
I don't think anyone can answer this for you except yourself. You're in yr 11 now, so you can only really make that decision once you get to uni and found out whether you like the environment and whether you'd to spend 10 years of your life at that institution (and 10 years of student debt as well)

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A
If you're talking about med, after you finish your degree, you work. You sit exams for specialties while working (as far as I'm aware). So you'll be in university for 5-7 years.

As a year 11 student, probably best to spend minimal time on BoS asking hardly relevant questions and instead study.

I will personally be in university for 8 years all up (assuming I don't fail anything) and I enjoy it. Partly why I chose to continue studying was because working 70+hours a week in an office and getting minimal breaks doesnt sound appealing to every 20 year old. A lot of med people also do nasters (again, while working) and PhD (depends, sometimes while working but that is tough).

Final point, if you genuinely dislike learning new things/studying, you won't like university long term.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)