Studying on Friday nights (1 Viewer)

Evan11

HSC
nottellingu said:
As the title suggests, who actually does work on friday nights ?
If you can actually force urself to start at about 5, as though it were any other night, and u dont hav plans, it can be beneficial. But if u start to think "omg i hav all weekend" then it will most likely build up to sunday arvo and ull pull a 3 amer and screw ur sleeping patterns for the week. and it works on a domino effect as well. i could never manage to work through coz i always chillaxed till about 7 and by then i was like "fuck working its too late". try to earn ur nights when ur actually doing something like parties etc by working on the nights when ther is only boring tv on. it will be worth it. but dont stress urself too much. undwinding can be important for mental wellbeing during the hsc and lets u study more later in the year coz u havnt burned out. so basically we hav gone in circles and u are none the wiser but yeah

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Friday is relax day, Saturday is study day.

bubbly89

HSC
For me unless I actually went to a library or stayed after school, had plans for the weekend or was excited about the work... I usually didn't work on friday nights. I tried to, but usually it didn't work.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Next Fri I'll go to HSC plus for Bio from 4.30 to 9.00 so I won't study anything more on that day.

Normally people slack off a bit in Fri nights but if you can do it, good on you, if you can't that's not a big deal. Get it as a reward for your harwork during the week. Studying like mad from Sat to Fri just wears me out so Hell yeah...I'm watching TV!

euro-dragon

Im a LolOsaUR Hear Me Roa
HSC
i no when i was doing my hsc...friday night study/hw was a must...hated it when it built up into weekends..which made the week seem slower...whilst friday u can take it easy and finish of everything u have..or at least try to if u have a lot this way u dont feel stressed and u get things done :)

Artemis.

HSC
Only if I have homework/assessments and I'm busy for the rest of the weekend.
Generally I don't do much work Friday or Saturday unless it's near exams, and study on Sunday.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
You guys are all wrong.

Friday is for fun. Saturday is for hangovers. Sunday night is for "work".

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i never did any work on a friday night...even when uni exams were approaching. Doesnt seem right.

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
I treat Friday like any other school night. My weekend begins on Saturday, not Friday night. To me it is still a school day, regardless of it being the day before the weekend.

Besides, if I can finish work on a Friday then that is more time for me on the weekend. Bonus.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Friday night is relaxing time for me.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I occasionally did work on Friday night. It really depends on you the study.

I agree with others its good to have a day/night to look forward to where you just don't do anything.

But with that said the work you do on Friday can set you up for having a much less stressful weekend.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I suppose it you work hard on Friday, you won't be as stressed over the weekend.

jirwin

HSC
I never really did any work that required a lot of concentrating on friday nights. they were my relax nights. basically the only school work i did these nights was my dnt diary cos it wasnt that brain consuming and i could do it while i watched tv, chatted, bos'ed etc.

atm i think u should be having one night of just total rest, or do something that doesnt require a lot of concentration or thinking. otherwise if u are studying 7 days a week u dont really have any time to relax and therefore can lead to burn out. trust me. burn out is horrible. i also dont remember studying on friday nights. only when the hsc was on did i study on friday nights. but thats different cos my entire routine changed without having to be at school.

the only advice really is to do what works well and suits you. everyone is different.

good luck!

sophie14491

HSC
i try to so i have the weekend to do what i want. but usually it falls through and i get stuck up til like 2am on sundays trying to get it finished lol/. schools hella stressful ay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)