Studying over Holidays (1 Viewer)

bengore

BLSG
HSC
There are going to be different opinions but i'll take the most repeated
answer.

How many hours should someone going into their HSC next year study for?
I'm heaps outgoing, and want to live my childhood before I end
up in the big world (so to speak).
So what is a good study routine per day?
To be more precise i study:
Adv English
Economic
Business Studies
Biology
PD/H/PE

partelephant

Monkey on a Rock
HSC
These holidays will be like the last ones you can take carefree before the pressure starts building. Personally, this time last year I did absolutely nothing - I actually enjoyed my holidays - and I still got quite a good UAI (or very good depending on your standards).

Now really isn't the time to be wasting your holidays away studying (yet). (If you absolutely must then the maximum I recommend doing is just fixing up English essays from last term and minor adjustments to other notes you may have).

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
like none until the last week of holidays.
then a little to refresh your mind before school.
then an hour a night leading up to half yearlies.
then back and little.
i'm going to take the HSC seriously.
but i play alot of sport, like 20+ hours a week, and that is top priority.
so chill, but you know study hard to.

tambourine

HSC
20+ hours of sport a week??? holy moly lol

But i like the idea of study an hour a night before half yearlies. I am going to take the HSC seriously too :)

I am actually looking forward to studying once i get over procrastination. But what I'm looking forward to the most is getting the UAI I want to get into the uni I want. I can't wait!!

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
bengore said:
How many hours should someone going into their HSC next year study for? I'm heaps outgoing, and want to live my childhood before I end
up in the big world (so to speak).
So what is a good study routine per day?
To be more precise i study:
Adv English
Economic
Business Studies
Biology
PD/H/PE
Why do you need to be told about how many hours you should be studying? Decide that for yourself.

Most of your subjects require a lot of note making, so for now just do that and enjoy the holidays. :) Study consistently throughout the year and it'll pay off during your trials and HSC exams.

Knowingnothing

Legendary!
HSC
Lucky you, not doing Maths would elimate you studying that much harder!

Even though it is the holidays, you have like 4 and a half weeks. Maybe do an hour or two a day of studying, note-making for the future, revising etc... Not a lot, and you don't want to have your brain dead. It is proven you take more information in small doses. Always best to get every advantage and spend every minute as wisely as you can.

I've only been doing 1-2 hours of study a day currently.

Last edited:

Kray-AyzI

HSC
Bro there is one thing u should note down every1 is different. common sense aye but itz truu shiit- so the genious may only need 5 hrz of study throughout the holidayz whilst the dingo might need 10 -20 itz what u trial and like....

take it eazy till like jan nywayz, den depending on ur brian size have a go at things u rekon u wouldnt mind excellin in.... 1 thing to note though is...dere is a shitload of determination neeeded to open up a textbook say when the cricket is comin on, or ur mates are throwing round the footy next door.... ^^ u set the standards and try stick to em

Ps. half of this was a direct copy paste from another thread XD hope u get the idea nywayz tc
enjoy

solomarc20

*Yawn
HSC
N/A
Wouldn't bother doing 2 much... It's still only the 1st week of Jan. The best thing 2 b doing at this time of year is getting reading 4 English done. Ur prob not going 2 hav much time 2 read and (if possible) enjoy the English texts when u get in2 the Modules...

Also, now's a gr8 time 4 tying off the loose ends of last term, but in doing this, do no more than 30-40mins per subject per week... U want 2 b fresh 4 the rest of the year, not dead!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)