Studying @ UNSW – a guide from a student (1 Viewer)

accolade

HSC
oo how did u find it. do you prefer it over the daytime/afternoon ones?

Vylen

HSC
accolade said:
wow it would be interesting to go to uni at night since u couldnt go to highschool at night.
you can get the opportunity to see the vast amount of stray cats that live on campus, since there's less people and they'll venture more out at night....

accolade

HSC
Didnt know that there were lots of cats at night at unsw.
So then the scientia must look awesome. =0

Vylen

HSC
oh, there's a lot... there's even a group of volunteers who take care of the cats and feed them.... and of course, there's a cat lady.. ive seen her around, running around the bushes calling for cats.... somewhat an interesting sight

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Re: Textbooks / Handbooks / Student Fees

FeelBare said:
So. Expensive.
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahaha.
I wasted money on this:

Prescribed MATH1131/MATH1141/MATH1131/MATH1241 - Mathematics/Higher Mathematics 1A/1B

Calculus: One and Several Variables
Sallas, Hille & Etgen

Future MATH1131/MATH1141 students, note the course pack should be sufficent, and unless the amount of your wealth is beyond belief this textbook isn't anything too beneficial.
I should have listened to what that Advanced Science student said.

sunny

meh.
HSC
You'll find very few take notes using a laptop, even in computing classes. You'll find yourself needing to scribble things here and there.

If the lecturer provides lecture notes, then you'll probably annotate those notes yourself, so it would be easier to write with pen and paper.

Its up to you in the end, have a go at both and see what works for you.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Yep they're not repeats, you go to all of them. You can pick a different stream of lectures, which are repeats, eg, another stream might be:
Mon 1100-1200, Wed 1200-1300, Fri 1400-1500

Depends on the subject, sometimes its ok to mix and match between streams to suit yourself.

Classes usually only get cancelled if there are problems with enrolments, so if the handbook says it'll be offered in S2 then it will.

iStrss

HSC
Hey guys, how can I get my student ID card? Is it an automatic thing or do I have to go get it done myself? I've been hearing about the e-spot (something like that?) where you just go and get your photo taken and get your card. Do I bring only a driver's license and a print-out of my enrollment?

Also, when do I have to get the card done by?

Thanks!

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Hey guys, how can I get my student ID card? Is it an automatic thing or do I have to go get it done myself? I've been hearing about the e-spot (something like that?) where you just go and get your photo taken and get your card. Do I bring only a driver's license and a print-out of my enrollment?

Also, when do I have to get the card done by?

Thanks!
e-spot no longer exists, it's now sorted out at FM Assist.

More info here: UNSW Facilities Management

ichiraku

HSC
You can go get your card anytime. Just bear in mind there's usually a long line come o week and week 1 of semester.

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
hey, if there are two lecture 'sequences' - like 'lecture sequence 1 of 2' and 'lecutre sequence 2 of 2' - i enrol in one of each, right? because that's the only thing unsw would let me do, like when i picked my timetable, i tried to select both the 'lecture sequence 1 of 1' lectures (for BABS1201), because i thought you're meant to pick lectures in the same 'stream' or whatever... but it said i had to pick a lecture for the 'lecture sequence 2 of 2'. so on monday i have a lecture sequence 1 of 2, and on friday a lecture sequence 2 of 2.

please let me know if this is right! (only asking because i notcied in another 'post your timetable' thread someone has TWO 'lecture sequence 1 of 2' lectures for aviation?)

god, i hope i haven't stuffed that up, i finally got a good timetable.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
lecture sequences mean that your course may be running 2 streams, which is perfectly normal.

LordPc

HSC
AFAIK you're fine cause the system doesnt let you pick the same lecture from 2 different streams, otherwise it would be a very poor system

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)