• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

studying VA for half yearly (1 Viewer)

taichiboy1987

hi, my name is eddy and i just have no clue of wat to study for my half yearly?

we will exmaine some artwork we never seen before -_-, should i just study the frames and conceptual frames etc.?? the half yearly is on 2morrow yet right now im so lost of what to study

Pierotte

HSC
did u do art i year 10? well basically it is exactly the same format as the school certificate. Study the frames and conceptual frame work, know all your terminilogy, brush up on writing essays which are to the point cuz u dont have much time.
It will mostly be anylising pictures
part 1 has a 5 mark Q, and 8 mark q and a 12 mark Q, all these q's will have a picture or more and ask u a question about them, simple really.
part 2 has a choice of like 12 essays and you only have to pick one, its worth 25 marks.
MAKE SURE you know ATLEAST 2 artworks very well, know the artist, context, date of composition, inspirations, techniques... ect etc etc, make sure you can answer alll aspects of the conceptual frame work and the frames involving the 2 artworks you choose
If all else fails just crap on, and justify your self, if your confident in your views you cant really be marked wrong.
thats all if i remember correctly
good luck
ciao

Pierotte

HSC
um not really, thats simply the period. But you can say that the artist uses characteristics typical of impressionism to emphasise their vission and then say HOW it does that etc etc etc,
just learn to bull-shit alot.

Pierotte

HSC
well there are sepreate questions in section 1, and section 2 is just an essay. Trust me its alot more work than it sounds!!!!

heheh im kinda hoping right now youll get the same kindof exam we did, or else all this info may be a compete load of crap... but they should be the same if u getur exam sent from the board like we did.

taichiboy1987

sigh~ i like the pratical part of VA but not really the theory, speciall ESSAY -_- since english is my second language...

wrong answer

HSC
I hope you read this in time to cram!

Learn 3 artists in conceptual, frames and practice so that you can justify and give examples in your essays. Doing this will up your marks with the presentation of knowledge. Good Luck! My half yearly is today aswell and I am also a VERY lazy art student. (Much emphasise on the LAZY - Scream it if you will...)

winicat

HSC
you won't get this in time, but check out past papers for the layout/structure of the VA exam. know artists, frames, conceptual framework and how to use them all!!!

make your statement and give evidence from the sources provided. that's the best advice i can give. if you follow that, you can't really be marked wrongly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)