Studying with noise - is it possible? (1 Viewer)

penguin.ali

HSC
I've found myself to be in a little bit of a dilemma.

These "holidays" I want to take advantage of all the time I will be spending at home, but I have discovered one hiccup.

I have VERY noisy neighbours.
They are the people who like to make their cars "doof" loudly, so loudly in fact, I'm the one who ends up with sore ears!

And this doofing is happening all the time, from about 10 in the morning to 5 in the afternoon, when my neighbours parents get home. Throw in them riding around un-registered mini bikes and I'm nearly up the wall in anger.

I'm not sure what I should do about this, I'm pretty sure that asking them to be quiet will cause them to make more noise, judging from previous encounters with said neighbours.

Is anyone able to offer any suggestions? Your help will be greatly appreciated :)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I've found myself to be in a little bit of a dilemma.

These "holidays" I want to take advantage of all the time I will be spending at home, but I have discovered one hiccup.

I have VERY noisy neighbours.
They are the people who like to make their cars "doof" loudly, so loudly in fact, I'm the one who ends up with sore ears!

And this doofing is happening all the time, from about 10 in the morning to 5 in the afternoon, when my neighbours parents get home. Throw in them riding around un-registered mini bikes and I'm nearly up the wall in anger.

I'm not sure what I should do about this, I'm pretty sure that asking them to be quiet will cause them to make more noise, judging from previous encounters with said neighbours.

Is anyone able to offer any suggestions? Your help will be greatly appreciated :)
Noise pollution. Call the police.

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
go to the library? although it maybe packed =/
you can book study rooms at some libraries.

or if you can, go to the state/mitchell library. any noise in the latter makes a loud echo, so it's usually deathly quiet save the odd cough/sneeze/etc.

or there's blue tack earplugs.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Noise pollution. Call the police.

I don't think there's not a whole lot cops can do if its between 10am and 5pm, if it was real early in the morning or late at night then sure but people can pretty much do what they want during the day.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
As a citizen, I think you are entitled to a quiet environment where you can atleast complete your study without being disturbed by your neighbors beyond reason. I would suggest politely asking them to stop, highlighting that you are about to take the HSC and how much you would appreciate them considering you for a month or so... If this doesn't work, kill them. Preferably with an axe. People can't make noise when they're dead.

HSC
As a citizen, I think you are entitled to a quiet environment where you can atleast complete your study without being disturbed by your neighbors beyond reason. I would suggest politely asking them to stop, highlighting that you are about to take the HSC and how much you would appreciate them considering you for a month or so... If this doesn't work, kill them. Preferably with an axe. People can't make noise when they're dead.
This.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
AHAHAHA lol'd @ isplicer

Why not just put your own music really loud? Study music

Ooh ooh play Mozart louder than their doof doof and they'll be the ones cringing

Lukybear

HSC
emit a doof doof 180 degrees out of synch with their doof doof. That way, the noises will cancel out. :D

conpanbear

HSC
Try to avoid studying with any noise. I know some people say they actually study better with music, but the more time you spend studying in exam-like conditions, the more comfortable you will feel when you're in the exam room. Best bet is head to your local library.

chrisrules

HSC
Ratatat.

Download all their song's, upload to iPod, and get studying.

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
I have a similar dilemma trying to study when my younger siblings running around and with all the tv's in my house blaring becuase apparently everyone in my house id deaf and simply cant hear the tv unless its turned all the way up. And it hasnt actually occurred to any of them that i kinda have these important exams coming up. Turns out the house is nice ane quiet around 2 in the morning when they are asleep. Thats when i study *face palm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)