Studying (1 Viewer)

Daveo

HSC
Hi,

I am really disapointed with myself cause recently I've been planning to study, but I won't. I'll sit down for about 30min and then get bored and find something else to do.

The problem is then that I don't go back to studying and at the end of the day I end up hateing myself for not studying...

Anyone know how I can get myself to sit down and study?? I really need some advice...

Daveo

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
lock urself in ur room, remove all distactions (that is anything non-school), sit in silence, write up a list of goals for that session and finish them

Last edited:

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
try to link what your doing with something u would rather be doing. Take maths in doses, read 15 mintues of a book, do some maths, study some chem/physics. Then after an hour or so have a break of about 10 minutes and try that again. Take it all in small slots and it's not really that bad.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
make a deal with yourself like if i study for 1.5 hours i can go on the net, or have some chocolate or go out with friends. then just study and then get your reward!

Daveo

HSC
*girl04* said:
make a deal with yourself like if i study for 1.5 hours i can go on the net, or have some chocolate or go out with friends. then just study and then get your reward!
I do that most of the time, but the problem is I get stuck doing non-study related stuff

V

vanbasten

*girl04* said:

That's so gay. You sound like Barney the Dinosaur.

rainonmay

floating around
HSC
well how about do the work coz u dont wanna feel like shit l8r coz u've done nothing... thats wot gets me motivated most of the time (i'm rarely motivated)... and kno that it will all pay off......

self-control..

olay

HSC
or maybe u could take all ur work to the library? especially ones with silent areas - it's so scary moving in them that you don't wanna do anything but study.

J

jhakka

Daveo said:
Hi,

I am really disapointed with myself cause recently I've been planning to study, but I won't. I'll sit down for about 30min and then get bored and find something else to do.

The problem is then that I don't go back to studying and at the end of the day I end up hateing myself for not studying...

Anyone know how I can get myself to sit down and study?? I really need some advice...

Daveo
I'm proud of you. I get bored after 3 minutes.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
writing goals, and ambitious ones* imo doesnt work because you feel shittier afterwards, only doing a portion of it...

mack

Banned
HSC
Heres what you should do.(And all of us should do too, myself especially, i spend all day on here)

1.Take a hammer
2.Disconnect modem, take it to a concrete floor, garage is good.
3.Smash said modem into tiny pieces so you cannot come back here and waste time!!!! Apologise to your parents and buy a new one after november 14th. Tell them to paste your picture up in internet cafes and various other public internet access sites and get them to ask the shopkeepers to threaten you with a shotgun should you try and enter the premises.

If i had spent my tallied hours on BOS studying, id definitely be looking at 100.00 UAI!!

mack

Banned
HSC
olay said:
or maybe u could take all ur work to the library? especially ones with silent areas - it's so scary moving in them that you don't wanna do anything but study.

Yeah fisher library is good. But god help you if you try and exit through the enter door and the creepy front desk guy catches you.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
I AM EXACTLY LIKE YOU :p

here is what i do to get over it

1. make urself a list of what to do, no pt in just reminding urself mentally, cuz until u see the words on the paper, ur brain doesnt register, and the taks does not feel like an obligation.

2. instead of haivng huge tasks, you should have lil ones so instead of study module B and write 3 essays you should have
Task:
1. do a plot summary + themes
2. find quotes for themes
3. do the 2001 hsc paper
4. do the 2002 hsc paper

that way the tasks become much more achievable

3. drink plenty of water, no coffee. just plenty of water, dirnk like a camel. i am a lot more awake and able to concentrate better if i drink like heapz and heapz of water than drinking coffee. when i cram, i have a waterbottle right next to me, and i drink about 1 or 1.5 bottle per hour.

4. get ur teaachers to mark ur essays.. that way u can get some feedback on ur writing

5. memorise ur quotes list... that way if ur not prepared... u can always make somehting up on the spot that is backed up by quotes.... hence extra marks!!

V

vanbasten

*girl04* said:
i didnt see you make a better reccomendation
Actually, I have the best recommendation. Daveo, enough of your whinging and just get down to it and study. I am all for helping people, but if someone just complains then there is no point. Plus, anything I tell him won't really help as he should have adapted his own study rhythm by now.....Anyway, good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)