stuff you do at uni when you're meant to be paying attention (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
- sleep (i do this a lot)
- talk to/sms other people
- do homework/study for other, unrelated subjects
- check out people in lecture theatre/people watching
- (in chem) make dirty messages using chemical symbols on periodic table
- make stupid drawings in margins of paper, e.g.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
all of the above!!! (- sleeping, and the thing about chem symbols)
+ daydreaming about random stuff

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
babydoll_ said:
- sleep (i do this a lot)
- talk to/sms other people
- do homework/study for other, unrelated subjects
- check out people in lecture theatre/people watching
- (in chem) make dirty messages using chemical symbols on periodic table
- make stupid drawings in margins of paper, e.g.

i feel sorry for whoever had to mark your HSC paper!

Lundy

Banned
HSC
When I'm supposed to be paying attention, generally I'm not paying attention.

I'd like to continue regular installments of my "stuff falling on mark" series. Unfortunately I can't today because I cbf turning up to philosophy.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Do work for other subjects or assignment that is due that week
talk
sms ppl
listen to music
sleep
or walk out of class

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
daydream
look for other people
look at the roof

cayte

Lundy said:
I fucking hate you people. Most annoying thing in the world.
I agree. If I were a lecturer I would take an air rifle and shoot people who talked during my lectures. It's so fucking rude and I'm sure it's much more pleasant outside in the sunshine instead of behind/beside/in front of me. If all you're going to do is talk, why even bother going in the first place. You're not going to learn anything. Fuckwits. It's always funny when it dawns on the offenders after about twenty minutes that the lecture has commenced and they say some dumb shit like, "What's (insert approproiately stupid comment pertaining entirely to what was covered in the last 20 minutes of the lecture whilst the fucker was too god-damn rude to SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!)? Fortunately, the majority of these people have either failed or dropped out of uni by third year. It's a hard slog through lectures before then though.

x-y-z

HSC
BreaKing said:
i feel sorry for whoever had to mark your HSC paper!
I actually did that in the HSC (doodled on my paper). Whenever I had to think I’d start drawing in the margins, or highlighting the cover pages. I did this in the trials as well and one of my teachers was like “don’t do that- they’ll mark you down because they will think you were bored and had nothing to say”. In one of my trial exams I also lapsed into a long and involved daydream. I was sitting there and staring ahead unblinkingly for like 5 minutes- I had to forcibly snap myself out of it. I must have really unsettled the people around me.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Lundy said:
I fucking hate you people. Most annoying thing in the world.
I actually try not to talk in class, if i need to talk i just send a note. I feel sorry for the people who actually are paying attention.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
-sleep
-ppl watch (well chicks neway ;))
-daydream

its amazing that in ne econ lecture, no matter how uncomfortable the seat ur sitting in is, u always somehow manage to fall asleep :uhhuh:

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
x-y-z said:
I actually did that in the HSC (doodled on my paper). Whenever I had to think I’d start drawing in the margins, or highlighting the cover pages. I did this in the trials as well and one of my teachers was like “don’t do that- they’ll mark you down because they will think you were bored and had nothing to say”. In one of my trial exams I also lapsed into a long and involved daydream. I was sitting there and staring ahead unblinkingly for like 5 minutes- I had to forcibly snap myself out of it. I must have really unsettled the people around me.

actually i was saying it 'cos her handwriting is just a scrawl!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
honestly, If im bored I think about sex, or what I want to do after the lecture, or how much I'm gonna have to cram what's being taught now for finals..

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
-colour in my margins (note: not DRAW, i cant draw) in a checkerbox
-look at the ceiling (anyone who knows c5c lecture rooms at mac will understand why)
-look around thinking, why the fuck do i have to be doing something which is 99% female
-think about whether i should leave 20 minutes early to make the bus which takes me straight home
-choose a person in the room and concoct a story about their day/life
-sms

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Provided I actually turn up (which is very rarely), I do what I'm supposed to do take notes etc, though without really paying attention.
When I'm bored of that I figure its time to leave.
Though in Chem I sit so far back (beause I'm always late), so I can barely hear what the lecturer is saying, thats when a sleep for a bit then leave during her smoke breaks..

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
cayte said:
I agree. If I were a lecturer I would take an air rifle and shoot people who talked during my lectures. It's so fucking rude and I'm sure it's much more pleasant outside in the sunshine instead of behind/beside/in front of me. If all you're going to do is talk, why even bother going in the first place. You're not going to learn anything. Fuckwits. It's always funny when it dawns on the offenders after about twenty minutes that the lecture has commenced and they say some dumb shit like, "What's (insert approproiately stupid comment pertaining entirely to what was covered in the last 20 minutes of the lecture whilst the fucker was too god-damn rude to SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!)? Fortunately, the majority of these people have either failed or dropped out of uni by third year. It's a hard slog through lectures before then though.
You just described me so well there:D! The thing is, I hate it so much when other people are talking when I am trying to listen:p. Most of the time you can't help it though because it is other people that start talking to you:(.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
eLmo said:
Provided I actually turn up (which is very rarely), I do what I'm supposed to do take notes etc, though without really paying attention.
When I'm bored of that I figure its time to leave.
Though in Chem I sit so far back (beause I'm always late), so I can barely hear what the lecturer is saying, thats when a sleep for a bit then leave during her smoke breaks..
I wonder why this happens then, "Location: oh God I'm failing :(":p?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)