Stuffed up!! (1 Viewer)

Driftz`

Ahhh when i chose i.t in yr 11 i thought it was gonna be very similar to computer studies in yr 9 n 10.. when i got to yr 11 i learnt this wasnt true @ all! lol My teacher that 'taught' us throughout the year is a complete.. idiot. He can barely speak english, so understanding him is a competency in itself! lol He didn't teach us shit, he just handed us papers, told us to do our best n if any probs, to 'consult' him! But when 'consulted' he replied in a difficult language that we worked out was english. lol No one in my class apart from 1 or 2 finished all their competencies! I tried to change classes last year in yr 11, but my school didnt let, n i was left with this idiot to guide us through the year.. our whole class failed our exams apart from me n this other dude.. n all we got was 65%+, whilst the other i.t class got marks all over 70%!!! :vcross: Has anyone had a similar experience? lol

Last edited:

lil_emm

HSC
I feel your pain!

lol. i was lucky in the aspect that i didn't get a crap teacher for IT until i had finished all my compatencies. she was a bithc and wouldn't belive me when i said i had finished them and had them signed off. she made me do them all again. had the same experience in the rest of my computer classes as i do software and IPT as well. the best teacher we had, had a nervous breakdown halfway through the year and never came back.

thebigwillie

gday mate. Sure, I've had a similar experience, and its really frustrating. I know wot ur going through. I'm currently in yr 12 and going to the hsc exam next week. I had the same teacher through yr 11 and 12, and he is absolutely hopeless. Yes, he is english and can speak properly, its juz that he doesnt teach us at all because hes always out of the room. Its like "Ok boys and girls get on with your plans for your major assessment task! I'll be back in a tick!" N yes, we've been pretty much 'planning' our "major assessment task" for 2 years ahhhaha. I went and complained to the principle and stuff because it got really frustrating...They just said I was freaking out about the hsc, and I'm certainly not at all haha. So yeah pretty much all year the teacher has been saying "Get on with what u were doing yesterday! I'll be back later" And yes, he didnt turn up for the rest of the lesson ahahaha. So I took action myself, and self tought myself! Bought an I.T. text book, and went through it by myself at home and during class when he wasnt there to teach us at all, while the others sat and surfed the net lol. So my advice is, go and self teach urself by getting a text book, or juz drop the subject all together :D Oh, and with the competencies apparently hes been 'watching us all year' and so he can tick them off on the last week of term when all of the year 12's left for good hehe;)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)