stupid mistakes (1 Viewer)

dragondilesh

HSC
i just got my trials back and heaps of people my class (top) did really bad in the MC bit. it was basically all dumb mistakes. what is the best way to avoid dumb mistakes.

fully223

HSC
DOUBLE CHECK EVERYTIME

and knowing the formula's and ways to answer the question

TBK11

HSC
dragondilesh said:
i just got my trials back and heaps of people my class (top) did really bad in the MC bit. it was basically all dumb mistakes. what is the best way to avoid dumb mistakes.
umm i dont no which subject ur talking about but im pretty good at multiple choice for english.

For english all i can say is normally when u have to read a souce/text and then choose an answer now when u look at the question u will be searching for the answer in the text if it doesn't say EG line18-22 or something have a quick skim threw for a relevant answer to one of the MC answers but if u find it lets say on the first paragraph and u choose D when infact the answer is C, C might have been in paragraph 2 or 3

what im saying is for english i have noticed that for teh MC questions about 2/4 of them are correct but only 1 is the answer one the other one will be similar to the answer but not accepted hope that make sense and helps

Cerry

HSC
Double checking, and rereading the question is really all you can do. English multiple choice questions are absolute crap - most of the time, there's more than one answer that you could argue is correct (and I did so with our teacher a couple of times year 10), but unfortunately, there's only one "right" answer that they'll give you marks for.

suzlee

HSC
I got my maths yearly back today. The only mistakes I made were.......
Writing a - instead of a + when rewriting the question to do the working-out
Forgetting to sqrt at the end of using a cosine rule

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)