Stupid p-plater laws are finally called stupid. (1 Viewer)

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
VicRoads is recommending P-platers jump behind the wheel of a race-ready Lotus or an electric supercar that’s as fast as a $900,000 Ferrari while forcing inexperienced drivers to apply for an exemption for four-cylinder cars with less power than a Toyota Corolla.

...the new website instructs P-platers to apply for an exemption to drive the least powerful Volkswagen Golf on the market, the 77TSI that has a 1.2-litre turbocharged engine with just 77kW of power – 23 per cent less than a Toyota Corolla.

...The inconsistencies in recommendations are indicative of controversial regulations struggling to keep pace with new technologies designed to save fuel and reduce carbon dioxide emissions.
http://theage.drive.com.au/motor-ne...-pplater-car-restrictions-20110327-1cbxb.html

Very similar to current NSW laws.

It took the countries biggest nanny state to realize this... Lawl.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
In all fairness, when they created these rules I don't think they envisaged the forced induction route taking off as a means of economising cars (rather than performance). That being said, their slowness in response to creating an automatic exemption of some form (or simply repealing the rules and instating something more useful) is what can be criticised.

laplace4

Banned
HSC
N/A
Its all you're fault anyway you tool.

Its because of hoons like you that responsible P plate drivers get a bad name.

I was on a bus last week and there was some old guy up the front ranting to the driver about how P plate drivers shouldnt be allowed to drive, he kinda does have a point because we have kids like you on the road causing trouble and cheating death.

Just today I say some young asshole in some really fast sports car speeding in side streets trying to impress his girl in the passenger seat. You should be ashamed of yourself

HSC
um the nsw laws have been called out for this already and an article 99% similar to that was published in 2008 stating the same thing

not to mention that the volkswagen is on the exempt list

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

I was on a bus last week and there was some old guy up the front ranting to the driver about how P plate drivers shouldnt be allowed to drive, he kinda does have a point because we have kids like you on the road causing trouble and cheating death.

Just today I say some young asshole in some really fast sports car speeding in side streets trying to impress his girl in the passenger seat. You should be ashamed of yourself
Who are you talking to anyway? Either way, generalising doesn't help anyone here.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC

Mate come see me when you read the LAMS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)