Stupid Wuthering Heights Assignment (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey people i have an assignment due friday that i have no idea whatsoever about here it is:

"Produce the logbook created by the composer during the process of creation of the set text. You must assume the role of the composer. You need to reflect on and imagine the process of creation of the set text and make this process evident in your logbook (influences, choices, purposes, ideas, contexts, research and so on). This is an imaginative recreation exercise that requires you to scroll back to that period in time before the set text was completed and to create a logbook that could convincingly reemble one used by the composer during the creation of the set ext"

"LOGBOOK CONTENT: Provide a minimum of 5x A4 pages. Content may be a combination of reflections, notes about intentions, and reasons for choice in relation to characters/scenes/settings/themes/plot development/concerns, language use, illustrations, sketches, maps, research, newspapewr clippings, synopsis, drafts and so on. Variety is expected"

Any ideas anyone? I got a couple of ideas about how she chose setting coz it was similar to where she grew up and possibly hindley turning to alcohol and going off the tracks could relate to how Bronte's brother did the same and i also read about the possibility of Joseph the reliigious preacher person may have been based on her very religious aunty apart from that i got nothing any help would be greatly appreciated i have no idea what to write. What could possible have been going through her mind when writing such a book?

*sarah*

HSC
argh i feel sorry for you - 5xA4 :s. Ok from what i can remember:

*Her mother/relos died when she was young + high mortality rate is reflected in the major themes of loss and death
*Also due to mothers death, she explores the motherless child in cathyx2
*The influence of romantic novelists/poets
*Apparently she had a fairly liberal ubringing hence ambivalent attitude towards religion
*Her love of the moors.

If you expand that out you might get a couple of pages out of it. Hope that helped & good luck!

Jennibeans

HSC
Also because her father was a preacher she never really fit into a distinct class of society. She taught in the homes of the rich & was therefore educated but was never wealthy herself. This is reflected in Heathcliff who was a gypsy living the life of a rich man.
Because Emily lived in such small world (never ventured far, was sent home from school due to homesickness) she, perhaps subconsciously, created another small world unto itself encompassing only Wuthering Heights, Thrushcross Grange and the Moors. She does not explore the possibilities of where Heathcliff went for three years, only that he went "away."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)