Stupidest advice line woman ever (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yesterday i got a call back for retreat from the global. This woman apparently teaches the module. Here is a general transcript.

Me: For the creative writing piece, I am thinking of writing about a man who gets married to himself, to escape his impending engagement to his girlfriend and how linear life is.
Her: You mean banal, not linear.
Me: Ummm..yes? Well anyway, he breaks up with her via a post it note
Her: (Interrupting) not a post it note
Me: What do you mean?
Her: Post it note wouldnt really work. What about email, or video message?
Me: Umm... ok, it wasn't really set in concrete. I was thinking on my feet. I just thought a post it note might be funny.
Her: No, you don't understand. She may not see the post it note. However, with email its like hes using technology to retreat from the global.
Me: ...ok. Well anyway, that wasn't really the question. The question was whether you think a man getting married to himself is too absurd.

Her: That would never work. What about if he uses the cybernet and falls in love with someone on it, but thats actually himself, so he creates that person as a character and brings them to life.
Me: *silence as I'm trying to surpress my laughter*
Her: And maybe that would be like retreating from the global if youre using the global and the cybernet.
Me: Ok, I have to go. Thanks for your help

...she must have been blond

mishka

HSC
N/A
what subject is this for??

santaslayer

HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
Yesterday i got a call back for retreat from the global. This woman apparently teaches the module. Here is a general transcript.

Me: For the creative writing piece, I am thinking of writing about a man who gets married to himself, to escape his impending engagement to his girlfriend and how linear life is.
Her: You mean banal, not linear.
Me: Ummm..yes? Well anyway, he breaks up with her via a post it note
Her: (Interrupting) not a post it note
Me: What do you mean?
Her: Post it note wouldnt really work. What about email, or video message?
Me: Umm... ok, it wasn't really set in concrete. I was thinking on my feet. I just thought a post it note might be funny.
Her: No, you don't understand. She may not see the post it note. However, with email its like hes using technology to retreat from the global.
Me: ...ok. Well anyway, that wasn't really the question. The question was whether you think a man getting married to himself is too absurd.

Her: That would never work. What about if he uses the cybernet and falls in love with someone on it, but thats actually himself, so he creates that person as a character and brings them to life.
Me: *silence as I'm trying to surpress my laughter*
Her: And maybe that would be like retreating from the global if youre using the global and the cybernet.
Me: Ok, I have to go. Thanks for your help

...she must have been blond
LoLz...:p :p

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Ok...strange. I was gona call up to ask an Ext 1 quesiton myself about the creative...perhaps I wont now :p

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
ooohh maan tell me about it. i rang up for chemistry to ask about something about oxidising and the guy goes no no no..you have to cook the metal
and im like right can u explain that again? and he goes off on this stupid tangent.

and i rang up for adv eng to ask whether they would stipulate a speech and the guy is like' oh most certainly it\s almost certain that they will, i suggest emma goldman'
no speech specified at all ever and i learnt emma goldman for nothing

persephone

HSC
i rang up about english, about critical study of texts about gwen harwood. it was about personal voice or repsonse. and I asked if that meant readings like marxist and feminist and stuff and she said that it was more of your own opinion. but readings was what we learnt all year. and she wouldn't let me off the phone, even though i tried to hint to her that her advice was kind of shite. it took me several minutes because she kept on talking, and i wasn't listening to a word she was saying because she was making no sense

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
one woman spent half an hour trying to teach me the fundamentals of pythagoras's theorem... and this was on the maths extension 2 help line :)

Last edited:

littlebear1107

HSC
I got a really helpful guy from history who helped for like 40 mins and went over all aspects of the syllabus i wasn't confident in. He taught me more in 40 mins then my teacher had all year!

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
mr EaZy said:
u cant bew seriousB :) !
lol! hey, 30 minutes procrastination hehe :)
they're not all frustratingly annoying though. once i got a really nice man who told me to take lots of water and lollies in case i get hungry and i was like "awwwww!"

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Crikket said:
lol! hey, 30 minutes procrastination hehe :)
they're not all frustratingly annoying though. once i got a really nice man who told me to take lots of water and lollies in case i get hungry and i was like "awwwww!"
oh we got a handout with that on it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)