• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

StuVac & Exam Period Bitch and Moan Thread (II, 2007) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaKitten

HSC
Re: StuVac & Exam Period Bitch and Moan Thread (I, 2007)

Triangulum said:
Think about it this way. In two days' time, we'll be done with it and won't ever have to think about it again.
Amen for that.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

neafoo said:
Well basically, i've summarised the whole course 3 times, and then i chose 5 topics and summarised them all twice (lectures + readings).
I chose Tiberius Gracchus' Tribunate, Sulla + Marius (im pretty sketchy on this one), Elections (did my assignment on it), The Augustan age (i dont know how broad the questions are gunna be, so i just summarised everything to do with Augustus i could find), and the 'A noble death?' suicide one.

EDIT: what ones did you choose?

Theres only one person who i really dont know jack shit about at all and that's Pompey.

Were you there when they did that 'elections in practice' lecture? How the hell did we elect Caesar and Sulla?
I'm doing Sulla/Marius (which I should be OK on), elections (did the essay, so that should be fine) and gladiators (haven't started reading yet). If there's a general question on optimates/populares, I might do that instead of gladiators.

As for the election lecture... basically a few people in each of the 'centuries' seized control and apparently selected the two candidates they were familiar with, despite the fact that Sulla's only policy was proscribing a quarter of the course. We should've elected the Gracchi. Or Crassus, I love Crassus. (Yes, I'm such an ancient history nerd that I make declarations of love about former consuls. Shut up.)

neafoo

HSC

I was in one of the centuries that didnt get bribed (no chocolate :( ). The guy who was Cato came up and said 'Since im Cato, im not going to bribe you, but you have to vote for me'. Then some lady called out that we voted for Cato and Caesar (good combination... considering they fought endlessly).

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

That chemistry exam was hellish. Curse you Peter Harrowell!

stazi

Nightman
HSC

is that a grenade inside? furthermore, the HSC is nearly over. usyd noobs.

neafoo

HSC
guess ive finished studying for anthropology.... just gunna read over my notes a few more times.

HSC
Good morning all. My first exam starts tomorrow. :(

EDIT: Why are the posts in the wrong order? Argh.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

yay accounting today :(

neafoo

HSC
im about to leave for Anthropology
GL with accounting stazi :)

pete_mate

HSC

sweet, where's the link for that thing, deosnt come up on google

neafoo

HSC

Damn, my dad is giving his music lesson and i have a test tomorrow :( I wish he knew how loud his fucking concertinas were.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

accunting tomoz :( grrr im so overexhausted from the whole interview process + study mix. i really need a break(dance) in my pants

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC

Damn Ash, I want one!!

I'm a chronic USyd paraphenalia collector. My keyring is a USyd one. How sad.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Ah, that's PhysForm done. I was so sleepy--yes, my fault for burning the midnight oil over stuvac because I'm a night owl--but I'm pretty sure I passed the exam. Only thing was, the supervisor kept interrupting us to correct all these mistakes on our paper--dodgy! And we were in McLaurin Hall, and the really strong winds that came rattled the windows really badly--fortunately I was closest to the doors so the windows didn't really bother me too much.

Yay--now the rest of my exams are in the afternoon. I have PSPC on Wednesday, Pharm Prac on Friday (need to get cracking with that one), and Med Chem the Thursday after, which obviously I haven't even thought about yet. Thank god that PSPC and Pharm Prac are all MCQs so that's alright, and they share similar content (cardiovascular and endocrinology) so in effect I'm revising one and a half subjects at the moment.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

Woo, 85 for my ancient history tute participation. Which is good news, since it's worth 20% for some reason. That brings my pre-exam average to 82%, so I'm guaranteed a (raw) distinction provided I get 68 or better in the exam.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Acct 1B exam was quite easy, although i lost 8 marks because of a retarded error. grrr. could have gotten an HD overall.

Predicted final marks:
ECOF1001: 86
ACCT1002: 77

neafoo

HSC
anthropology did not go well :(
Apparently my participation mark for ANHS1005 isnt up yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)