Sub-categories in The Reading Room? (1 Viewer)

jennieTalia

HSC
I think we should ask for sub-forums perhaps.
Maybe for Magazines/Newspapers or Fiction and Non-Fiction
Something like that?

Or is that over kill?

Opinions?

HSC
This forum usually has only ~3 active threads, so I don't think the subforums are particularly necessary.

jennieTalia

HSC
Why the fuck would a magazine/newspaper thread be needed anyway? We have NCAP, Fashion subforum, entertainment subforum and non school.

And most of the threads here are about individual books anywy. Fuck just make "THE OFFICIAL NON FICTION THREAD" and bask in the fact it might get 12 posts this year.

We still manage to have a magazine discussion within The Reading Room even with all of those other subs.
I think that if we had a poetry section, and a magazine etc... it might help us to filter through what we don't want to read and what we do a lot easier.
Some of us don't like to go through threads for "Poetry-read and rate" and some do. It would avoid flames imo.

I also think that sub-categories would allow people who are looking for something to find it more easily. Say someone wanted a discussion on writing such as manuscripts or poetry, they don't want to necessarily read through the list of threads about twilight and manga to find it!

LordPc

HSC
I think the forum needs a heck of a lot more activity and discussion besides twilight before subcategories are considered

jennieTalia

HSC
I think the forum needs a heck of a lot more activity and discussion besides twilight before subcategories are considered
True, but I think it might get more activity if we put sub-categories in. It would sort of put on offer what is actually here, and give ideas about what people could talk about.

Love and Relationships is also busy as heck sometimes and doesn't have any sub categories, although I am more concerned with this forum.

jennieTalia

HSC
Search function.

Use it.

Edit: Sub-forums won't avoid flames.
Hard to use a search function when people use different terms for the same things. This is especially true on The Reading Room which tends to lend itself to a greater useage of our vocabularly.

jennieTalia

HSC
As are:-
- Creating subforums in TRR, when people are still going to use the variety of terms
- Having multiple threads on the same thing

Yes, but if there are subforums then people can post the relevant things within the relevant subforum... therefore your point about the synonyms won't make sense. If you are looking for something about magazines, then you would look in that forum.

I don't mind either way, I'm just countering each point to come to a conclusion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)