Subheadings in Geography Essays? (1 Viewer)

Langrepa

Patrick
HSC
Our teacher said that it is ok to use subheadings in a geography essay, like for urban dynamics or for influences in a global economic activity. Is this right or do the examiners hate subheadings in extended responses for the HSC??

Ashe

HSC
Apparently subheadings are quite common, more common than straight essays. My teacher also recommends sub headings as it clearly organises your essay and it shows the examiners exactly what you're talking about and that you are covering everything. Quoting headings from the syllabus is almost like putting neon signs throughout your essay showing you know your stuff and are implementing all parts of the syllabus.

HSC
yeah this is a good point to bring up, i never knew you could use subheadings in geography essays until my teacher told me. but the part where she says use dot points.....i think i'll skip that.

and do you people also try to include sketches whenever possible? my teacher says always try to put them in whenever you can...

wendytwt

HSC
Imy teacher said it's much better to use subheadings in the essay as it makes yr essay not as messy as those without subheadings, and easier to read

HSC
N/A
essays apparantly should have (for geo) sub headings just to ensure that they're kept logical .. to some extent anyway (though i totally suck at this.. tried it for the 1/2 yearlies and got a big fat 15/2o .. maybe my essay sucked balls?! lol) hmm.. yes, so subheadings, diagrams/tables (as long as they are used properly and refered to properly within the theoritical writing stuffs) and dot points.. although advised by some teachers, they arent used in that many band 6answers (from what i've seen) .. however .. depending on WHAT you're writing about, it may be better to list down the page then across. E.g. some species that live in coral reefs - like, if you have quite a few (as long as you speak about a few in depth) i think it's acceptable to use bullet points down the side of the page ^^!
Good luck everyone!
.. man, daym trial for geo tomorrow and i havent yet stooDied (-__-*)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)