subject choice regret and about to sit HSC (1 Viewer)

rubypinky:)

HSC
hi everyone, so basically can't believe im uploading about this.

Im currently, in year 12 and highly regret choosing PDHPE.
You know how some schools get the opportunity to change their subjects 4 weeks in of year 11, I was literally thinking if I change for bio. But left it because I told myself, since PDHPE is easy, I will get better marks than "harder" course but maybe learning about how to be "healthy" isn't too bad. And back then, I either only wanted to do one, bio or pdhpe.
PDHPE is so so boring and so content heavy for what. Im sitting in class learning about common sense- thinking i'll get good, resulting not to study and getting bad marks. These days, im leanring about sport medicine and everytime im studying for pdhpe im looking into scailing and bio... sounds stupid right when Im in year 12 and about to graduate less than in a year. I know there nothing i can do and I just think SO MUch that I wouldve done better than in bio cause I was always a A+ student for science.

I also was a plus pdhpe student during my junior years as well and suddenly its appearing to be a C student for PDHPE now. I cant even drop it and its that subject that I see no future in. okay my biggest biggest worry is that it will affect my ATAR. I know how people say achieve good marks = scaling doens't even matter. and I did research and it says stuff about how pdhpe is one subject that everyone can do well in. Idk quote me if im wrong. Any comments are welcome, i just don't know how to deal with this situation, I just regret choosing this subject and keep thinking i wouldve done better in bio but theres nothing I can change or do. IDK sigh

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
If you're adamant on dropping/switching the course, get your parents to have a meeting with the yr adviser/ principle.

HSC
yea i reckon too late. tbh just worried that pdhpe scales badly compared to bio...

carrotsss

HSC
Your mindset atp won’t be helping at all, you need to stop believing that it’s impossible for you to improve because that’s 100% not true. You also can’t have the mindset of it being “common sense” - it’s not, and you still have to put lots of effort in if you want to do well in any subject. It’s too late to drop but that’s ok, you’ll just have to put your head down and do as well as you can - I’m sure someone else can offer more specific advice on how to study effectively for PDHPE but you can still make a comeback, you’ve got this :)

nsw..wollongong

HSC
Hold on how is it too late to drop, we had ppl dropping classes like a month before trials

HSC
Theres no way to know that now. Don't dwell on "what if" because when your HSC is over you'll sit there and think "what if I tried harder in pdh instead of being hung up over bio." I had to do english adv and i HATED it but there isn’t much u can do now, and that's okay
thats true..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)