Subject choices for next year (2 Viewers)

AnandDNA

HSC
Jachie said:
I don't think so. If you can manage your time well, then it should be no real problem. I know plenty of people who did/plan to do 14 units for Year 11.

That sucks i wanted to do both bio and legal making my total 14 but my school wont let me they say 12 min 13 max:mad1:

blahmeh

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Choose advanced, then drop down to standard if you feel you need to. Easier to move down to standard than to move up to advanced.
but apparently i no that i shouldnt be thinking of scaling

but scaling for standard is apparently really bad.

AnandDNA

HSC
K i might go with Advanced or 3U i just thought it can be better for the UAI if i do like excellent in easier subjects like standard

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Actually, the myth that Standard gets scaled badly is just that: a myth. It scales exactly the same as Advanced does. It's harder and more uncommon to get a band 6 in Standard, because theoretically speaking if you're capable of achieving that you should be doing Advanced.

Conclusion: Standard is for pussies. Most people should be doing Advanced, unless they really, really, really struggle with the subject.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Jachie said:
Actually, the myth that Standard gets scaled badly is just that: a myth. It scales exactly the same as Advanced does. It's harder and more uncommon to get a band 6 in Standard, because theoretically speaking if you're capable of achieving that you should be doing Advanced.

Conclusion: Standard is for pussies. Most people should be doing Advanced, unless they really, really, really struggle with the subject.
Ahahaha olololol I should be laughing at the English Advanced people that are ranked below the top 40%.
We're not pussies, we take shortcuts in our studies, we know what's best for us and I'd rather have a satisfactory rank in Standard English (31st of 96) than be rock bottom last of the Advanced class.

Also, if I had a choice I may have done English Advanced last year but .. naahhhh

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Jachie said:

Well IMO, I'm just saying advanced in my school is very demanding. We all work hard to achieve the marks we get and to say that most people should be doing advanced in my school is just outright crazy.

For most selective schools and all I would think differently .. but ~50% of my school is made students who have migrated from different countries so its kinda hard for them to be able to reach those kind of standards.

But well BOS gave us the choice to choose and I guess it kinda makes things fair for others.

marxisming

HSC
i've made a few changes:

English Adv Mathematics
Mathematics Ext 1
Economics
Legal Studies
TVET Accounting (Category B course at TAFE)
Ancient History

Has anyone taken a B course at TAFE? i'm still not sure about this one.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
It's going to take a lot of work, but I reckon you can do it :)

ellen.louise

HSC
marxisming said:
i've made a few changes:

English Adv Mathematics
Mathematics Ext 1
Economics
Legal Studies
TVET Accounting (Category B course at TAFE)
Ancient History

Has anyone taken a B course at TAFE? i'm still not sure about this one.
Yeah I do VET hospitality. The advantages are:
gettting a cert 2 at the end of it
being able to re-do your assessments (because it's only your HSC mark that counts unless you can't make it to the exam)

BUT they generally scale badly and... with hosp anyway, you don't generally take them as seriously because you can redo stuff.

If you want to do something mad with a really really high UAI requirement I would advise that you don't do both AH and a VET course. But basically, do what you want to. Are you into accounting (can't be bothered reading your previous posts)? because if so, getting that cert early will be an advantage.

blahmeh

HSC
Kujah said:
It's going to take a lot of work, but I reckon you can do it :)

Anything is possible if you just BELIEVE:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I LOVE THIS EMOTICON

marxisming

HSC
yeah i'm probably taking accounting just to have a head start in uni or maybe a career in accounting. Accounting is just a safe career path to me- good pay, it's always in high demand, you don't need to be a brainiac, and you don't need more than 4 years at uni.

but thanks ellen.louise. It's pretty hard to ignore the scaling aspect, but anyways i'm defintely not sure of my choices yet, but thanks for the info! :)

marxisming

HSC
but do you think i would be at an advantage if i were to do an accounting or a similar course at uni?

HSC
yeah...for a little bit. without having done the course mind you, i would have to assume that by the first session of accounting is over, everyone will have caught up to you and you will have covered much more than what you guys did in the year 11 course or watever.

cs01001

HSC
Accounting @ TAFE is a one year course, it means you have 2U out of the way by the time HSC comes

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Is any Year 10'er choosing Modern History?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)