Subject Choices (1 Viewer)

rusty_jay

HSC
Not 100% on which subjects to drop/discontinue and with subject combinations

Doing 13 units atm: Gen Maths, Ext Eng, Mod Hist, Ancient Hist, Business Studies, Religion 2Unit

Not sure out of Ancient, Gen Maths, or Ext engish unit to drop (i.e just do advanced)

Any recommendations?

Zoeeann

HSC
Probably Ext english or Ancient. Ancient is a good subject if you are interested but if you don't need it then or like it then give it up because it can be a drag in the long run. Same goes for ext english, but this would be better to drop because you don't loose the extra unit. Keep maths because its common as a pre requisite in uni.

ihateschool2013

HSC
Judging on your subjects, it seems like you prefer humanities, literature and the subjects that demand more writing. If this is true, general maths may bring you down and I personally wish I dropped mathematics when I had the chance. I'm not sure if gen maths is easy or not, but it depends on how well you go.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
you have a more humanities/business/legal trend and gen maths is prob gonna drag u down so yea...drop gen :D

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Choose the subject you like best! If you like them equally, compare which one you are doing better in. If you're still indecisive, look at your uni course prerequisites or any prerequisites for your future career path.

I don't know enough about you to make a somewhat educated opinion but I would recommend keeping ext 1 English and dropping to 11u because it's not too much work and you still have an extra unit of back up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

turnthepageoftime

HSC
If you know what course you want to do, and maths isn't a prerequisite, then drop general. It seems so different from the rest of your subjects.

But if not, then choose the one (to drop) that you think you'll either do the worst in, or will enjoy the least. From the people at my school's experience, extension english caused them heaps of stress, but you might love it. It's completely up to you :)

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)