Subject Choices (1 Viewer)

Sdlpo

HSC
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with my subject choices. I currently do English Adv, English Ext, SOR 2 unit, Modern History, Ancient History, French and have just dropped down to General Maths. My dilemma is that I am excelling in the first five stated, and am struggling in French, and having just dropped to General, am not sure how I sit.
Next year, or the end of term 3, we can choose to do History Ext and/or English Ext 2.
Can you guys help me out as to whether I should
A)drop both Maths and French and pick up both new electives
Or
B)pick up one new elective and drop maths or French? If so please help out choosing which one to drop?

Thanks

buriza

conviction
HSC
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with my subject choices. I currently do English Adv, English Ext, SOR 2 unit, Modern History, Ancient History, French and have just dropped down to General Maths. My dilemma is that I am excelling in the first five stated, and am struggling in French, and having just dropped to General, am not sure how I sit.
Next year, or the end of term 3, we can choose to do History Ext and/or English Ext 2.
Or
B)pick up one new elective and drop maths or French? If so please help out choosing which one to drop?

Thanks
It depends on whether or not you feel you can juggle two major works. For some this can be difficult and you do need a fair amount of time organisation, as well as perseverance. But with that said, History Extension does work well with Ancient and Modern History, but English Extension 2 is a little different. As for General Maths, you will need to do relatively well for it to benefit you (preferably 85+), so consider this as well. I cannot say much for French because I never did a language, however I figure if you are struggling with it, you would ultimately know what is best in the end. :)

Axio

=o
HSC
Hi,

Or

Thanks
If you know that you would not only do better in EE2 and History Ext but enjoy them more as well, I say go for option A!

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
I do a language so if you need any tips on study just ask me :) what do you struggle with?

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Tapatalk

Sdlpo

HSC
Thanks this is what I feel like I should do!

Sdlpo

HSC
Honestly I do French and I am really crap at listening, I find the accents so difficult to understand and that brings me down sometimes in the speaking aspect aswell??

enoilgam

HSC
At the moment, it's a bit early to be deciding on these things. Approach each subject with an open mind and re-evaluate later on in the year when you have a better perspective on each subject.

britaker

HSC
I wouldn't recommend EE2 unless you're prepared for the amount of time it will take up. Trust me on this one; it's a LOT of work for just one unit.

evasharman

HSC
Hello my friend! I do English Advanced, French (continuers), SOR2, Ancient and Modern (as well bio) I thought our subjects are so similar I had to comment! Also I'm intending on doing History Extension next year, but I think the best thing is to just wait to see how you feel at the end of prelim and follow your interests ^_^ Good luck with your decision.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)