Subject codes on MyUni (1 Viewer)

pythagakafermat

HSC
I just enrolled in Combined Law at USyd this year, and I have been checking out the MyUni site, which today came up with a list of my subjects.

These are all correct, except that two entries - LAWS1012 and LAWS1013 - say 'unknown subject' next to the course code, rather than the subject name such as 'Torts' as I would expect.

Now I understand that starting 2007, Usyd Law introduced the new codes I mentioned above for Legal Research I and Torts, replacing LAWS1008 and LAWS1010 (I believe). Is it possible that the online unit database just hasn't been updated yet to reflect these changes? I'm sure my codes (1012 and 1013) are correct, as they are outlined in the Law handbook and an enrolment day sheet as such.

On a side note, possibly as a result of this problem, the WebCT site lists nothing as yet, and yet a letter given to us on enrolment day by the Law Faculty states that the first assignment would be available from today on this WebCT. Anyone else having these same symptoms?

L'Encre.Marron.

HSC
Hey there

Well you're one step ahead of me at least because I can't even get onto a page with my subjects on it! Just thought I'd check out what the site looks like, but instead I got a page which said that the pages about your units of study don't usually appear until 1st week into the semester! The title of the webpage, like on the title bar thing of internet explorer, also said Error Message, so I'm not sure what that means! Anyway, if anyone can get the site to work properly, please tell us how.

pythagakafermat

HSC
To get where I went go to the MyUni site http://myuni.usyd.edu.au/ and then click login to MyUni.
Enter your details and click login, which should take you to your myuni homepage. There should be a number of tabs along the top, the second of which should say MyStudy. Click this, which should take you to page with lots of info including a list of units.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
that list of subjects is simply links to the library site for each of your units of study. lecturers often put readings up there. if it says unknown subject, that means that the lecturer hasn't submitted anything yet. At times, they don't ever submit anything

pythagakafermat

HSC
At least that's one thing sorted out then.

Still, nothing appears on WebCT. Maybe they are just slow getting things onto the site?

hoomanraviola

HSC
Yeah I can't find that assesment either- that WebCt page says that mostly nothing comes up until the beginning of the first sem. Whatever happened to making it available early?

Kind of sucks, cause I was planning to do that court observation thing one of these days when I'm just bumming around and dont have a job yet.

Has anyone got it already?

L'Encre.Marron.

HSC
Mystery solved - check your emails, that's where they've sent the assignment to.

Here's the file if you can't get to it for whatever reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)